ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

proxies or parada spec 2's?

phase 1 172
I need two new front tyres, i already have proxies on the rears but i'm wondering how the yokos perform compared to them? Are they worth the few extra ££'s?

Clio 182
I had the spec 2's on my old 1.2 I found they were brilliant tyres in the dry but as soon as there was abit of moisture on the ground they were rubbish
but I would recommend them as a set of summer tyres

Clio 182
Oh and they wear quite quick compared to other tyres

Some people may disagree and do there ok in the wet but personally I'd swap In winter

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Spec 2s over proxies.

Proxies = budget to me.

What size is it your getting?

For that range of tyre also consider Hankook V12, Falken FK453 or ZE914 and Uniroyal Rainsport 2s.

phase 1 172
195 50 15 fella, standard f1's. I've seen the proxies for 70 odd quid delivered and the paradas for a shade under £100.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I had the spec 2's on my old 1.2 I found they were brilliant tyres in the dry but as soon as there was abit of moisture on the ground they were rubbish
but I would recommend them as a set of summer tyres

I agree. I would rather run R888 in damp conditions then spec 2s.

320d
If they do Pirelli PZero Nero's in 195 50 15 I'd definitely get some.

Got four on my 182 two months ago and they're brilliant. Nice ride quality, not too loud, grip brilliantly in the wet and dry, progressive grip to slip. Best tyre's I've ever used.

They won the Evo tyre test too.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Got four on my 182 two months ago and they're brilliant. Nice ride quality, not too loud, grip brilliantly in the wet and dry, progressive grip to slip. Best tyre's I've ever used.

Sadly they don't in that size. But couldn't agree more with you, excellent tyre for the cost. My favourite I had on the clio in 16".

Spec 2's are pure death traps in the wet, i ran a set for 3 months or so, worse tyres i have ever owned in the wet, fine in the dry. I've run Toyo proxies for years now, good all rounder you wont go wrong.

BG 182
I have spec 2's on some 2118s can't fault then personally also had these on my fiesta ST been told by friends the proxies wear very quickly but then again all down to driving style

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Toyo proxies alright on track too? Can't stretch the budget to buy r888's

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Proxies will overheat and melt quickly on track did this in my puma, best bet is either Michelin pilot exalto or the yoko Ad08

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Are yoko ad08's decent in the wet too?
Aren't pilot exalto's similar price to 888's?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Are yoko ad08's decent in the wet too?
Aren't pilot exalto's similar price to 888's?

We are talking about 195/50/15 in here though so in that size they are pennies.

AD08's are meant to be great in wet conditions, scored a wet grip rating of A.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I've just noticed that sorry. Makes me want to have 15" alloys now :(

I will have a read around and see what's what. Cheers

Ph1
Been running Parada's for years as iv found them to be the best all round tyre for the Clio.

Awesome dry grip, low road noise levels, decent wear rate and no worse than any other high performance tyre in the wet.

I have just read that tyre test so interesting to learn that they are well suited to the 182. What tyres did you use before to compare them to? Also how much did you pay for the PZero's if you dont mind me asking?

In response to the original question I have had both sets of tyres and agree with what people say about the Proxies being poor. I wouldn't buy them again. The Parada's are excellent in the dry but have no grip what so ever in the wet!