ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Memory help?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Im looking to buy a 2nd hand PS3,just have no idea about all the memory?.im not a big gamer just play now & then,main reason is play GTA5 online,is 20GB enough?..

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
20GB is fine I believe mate. I read something that PS3 users with the 12GB hard drive soon won't be able to play as the updates have exceeded that limit but as long as you buy a disc and don't use a digital version then I believe 20GB is sufficient.

You can always upgrade your hard drive also!

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Oh ok cool,how do you upgrade the memory then?..also i will be playing The Last of Us.
Ive just been offered a good deal so just seeing of worth doing

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's very easy to fit a bigger hard drive.

I had a SSD in my PS3 for a few years before I traded it in. It took me about 2 minutes to fit.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
aren't the memorycard and the hdd used differently?
ie the 20Gb is the HDD....and that is what the games run off, and the memory card just takes savegames etc?
(do the PS3's even take memorycards anymore? I have an original 60GB version that still has the slots in the fron ...but thought that feature was deleted later.)

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
To bump this thread, I've been considering getting a PS3 for downstairs, purely to play battlefield/GTA etc when the wife goes to bed because TV is crap these days. I found an unopened white slimline on on CEX for £110.00, but they don't have the disc drive on them. My pal seemed to think you can no longer connect to the PSN with a 3?

It's not worth me spending £400 on a PS4 for it to sit idle, but will a PS3 still work/download games?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I have a PS3 original think it was a 60GB I bought to play some PS2 games because it was the only backwards compatible one. Then fitted a bigger SSD and opened it up to apply new thermal paste to stop it overheating/dieing.

If your not interested in playing PS2/PS1 games then could get a slim so long as it has a big enough hard drive or change it yourself or a PS4 if the game is available on the store.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just buy a ps4 from CEX for £155. Comes with warranty and games are still readily available and cheap.

I didn't think they were that cheap TBH. A white one is only £180 which would look better in the front room. f**k it, might just do that. Are the slim ones the ones which overheat?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I didn't think they were that cheap TBH. A white one is only £180 which would look better in the front room. f**k it, might just do that. Are the slim ones the ones which overheat?
They all do that if not cleaned. CEX will take them apart and clean them though