ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3

Clio's
I cant get my PS3 to to work. when i switch it on nothing comes up on the TV. I have just had it run through a HDMI and am now trying to use it on another TV without it but nothing is coming up on the screen.
Help please

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I've had this, it only sends it through one, so if it was on HDMI then you swapped it over to a scart one it wont realise and will still be sending it through hdmi.
You have to have it on the hdmi one, go in to the settings and change it to run through scart.

Scirocco GT 2.0
You have to hold the On/Off button for 5 seconds on boot up, it then resets the display settings

white leon cupra R
i have to put it on the tv with hdmi then go to setting and switch it back over to scart its annoying i know

Clio's
I'll try doing that later then. I dont have a hdmi lead at mine so im gona have to take it back to my mates

dk

911 GTS Cab
as said above if you turn it on using the touch sensitive button on the front but keep holding it for around 5-10 seconds it resets the av settings.

Clio's
thst doesnt work. And i still cant get sny picture even using a HDMI cable. ive tried it on hdmi and scart and resetting it on both but still cant get a picture

Scirocco GT 2.0
thst doesnt work. And i still cant get sny picture even using a HDMI cable. ive tried it on hdmi and scart and resetting it on both but still cant get a picture

Sounds like something has knackered on your PS3, how old is it? Is it still under warranty?

Are any lights flashing on it or anything?

Clio's
Its about 3 weeks old. all the lights on the PS3 are working there is just no picture showing on the screen

Scirocco GT 2.0
Its about 3 weeks old. all the lights on the PS3 are working there is just no picture showing on the screen

Oh right, well if it doesn't work with Scart or HDMI and the Display Reset procedure doesn't work then i'd suggest you take it back

Scirocco GT 2.0
yeh i think im going to. should i take it back to HMV where i bought it or to sony?

I'm not sure what HMVs return policy is, but if it is less than 28 days old then most stores will take it in, but they will prob just contact sony anyway.

I'd go direct to Sony, their Customer Service is quite good apparently

T

thecremeegg

You sure you're resetting it properly? Turn it off completely so that the red light is on, then ensure you hold the on button down until it beeps a second time. Not trying to sound patronising but I didnt do it properly the first time I tried resetting :)

If that doesnt work then its possibly knackered

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Depending on what telly you have some have the option to switch off the HDMI input within the menu's. Last week I was hooking up my PS3 to a Pioneer and couldn't get it to display through HDMI. After doing the reset a few times I was about to give up until I checked the Telly's menu.

Seriously, who would actually want to switch off the HDMI input ? it a dedicated input FFS ! its not like it was shared with anything else !

Anyway, as soon as I enabled it all was fine.