ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pulling to the right help please

2003 Clio sport 172
Hope someone can help, its not a sport but my moms 01 plate 1.5 dci clio 65, when hitting bumps/dips in the road the car seems to be aquaplaning a little and sometimes accelerating hard in first and second gear it pulls violently to the right, it doesnt always do it.

The tracking has been looked at and all the tyre pressures are fine.

There is also a creak sometimes on the steering when turning into side roads.

Any ideas what could be the problem as my mom is scared to drive it with the cold and wet weather.

Thank you :)

2003 Clio sport 172
the 1 tyre was through to the material on the outside when we bought the car and we was told the tracking needed doing, its only been a week since we have had the tracking a new tyre on it so i dunno if its wearing again yet as mom dont do many miles a week to work, i cant remember what side it was now though

2003 Clio sport 172
its a part worn tyre with about 5mm left on it, the other front tyre has a little less but still well legal

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
If one tyre has more tread than the other its gonna cause the car to pull one way or the other.

Plus unmatched tyres on the same axle isn't wise really.

2003 Clio sport 172
i can understand it causing a slight pull but not a violent pull to the right under acceleration, and it still doesnt explain the creak on the steering and the aquaplaning feeling, plus as i say its intermitent, some times there seems to be a slight pull to the left rather than the violent pull to the right