ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Punto GT Vs 172/182

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

If the Punto GT was tuned to say 170bhp? Being a turbo they do have more torque but my bet is still on the 172/182

I know that with 170bhp they hardly break into the 14s down the strip. What will a 172 do?

Not trying to start an arguement but the Punto boys are saying there usualy equal or quicker. Also that they beat CTRs?! :confused:

Someone on there seems to know Yoz too?

http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30449&page=3&pp=10http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=30449&page=3&pp=10

there u go vib.rator, uve even beat one yourself and ure still talking out of ur arse u spanner

Above says it all really, I think CTR-Paul used to post on here

theyre lighter arent they ? in theory with the same power in a straight line they should be quicker. They dont handle at all though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Theyre about 1000kgs i think?

I know the fugures mean they should be but they seem to get such crap 1/4 times

255 V6 Black Gold

how much tunning have they had done to them?

they are a 1.4 aint they?

One of them pulled along me in by pass.. and i absolutly wasted it!

Not sure if it itself had been tuned but....

Mini Cooper S sport

I just watched the video and thought what knobs they were racing down that road.

I dont care if you can make a Punto GT faster than a 182 (Im sure a standard GT wouldnt stand a chance though), Id still rather have my car any day! I hate Puntos.

But youd need a wheel barrow behind to pick up all the bits that will have fallen off the punto and a crash helmet for when one of the pistons ejects itself from the engine bay running that kind of boost. That cars an s reg punto 1.4 and its being compared to a 182? If I was at the lights I wouldnt waste the petrol.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Gilbert_Ratchet on 18 June 2005

But youd need a wheel barrow behind to pick up all the bits that will have fallen off the punto and a crash helmet for when one of the pistons ejects itself from the engine bay running that kind of boost. That cars an s reg punto 1.4 and its being compared to a 182? If I was at the lights I wouldnt waste the petrol.
What a great quote! (y)

182 would have it, bar if the punto gt was tims from frequency audio in bradford that thing is rapid. That wud be a good race!

My mate has got a GT thats chipped, got full stainless and filter, i can waste that thing every time in my cup doesnt matter if its on drag strip or out on the open road.

FIAT - FIX IT AGAIN TOMMOROW

Well speaking from experience Ive absolutely wasted every Punto turbo ive come across in my Valver.

Last one I raced was down the local bypass, and its chipped, boosted and has a IK & exhaust. I was tootling along at 60mph and he overtook me, I chased after him, overtook him and then he blew the headgasket trying to keep up lol.

See ya

Matt

Quote: Originally posted by clowo16v on 19 June 2005
then he blew the headgasket trying to keep up lol.See yaMatt

Doesnt surprise me, Ive raped every PGTT Ive come across on the road.

oh dear lol... whats amusing is that to keep up the punto needs a Seb thing upgrade... as long as they realise that they may also meet a tuned Clio...

lol.. some guy on there says...

My mates got a type are,and they arent that fast,i kill him on acceleration.

He has more top end grunt with him having a bigger engine,Bu i can still keep up with him up 2 145mph.He wasnt happy!!!

rofl. sure ya did buddy.

like tom20v sed they all seem to be chavs, most chavs seem to think that an air filter ads 30BHP to a car lol!!!

but anyways not come up againt a quick PGT yet, even my girlfriend in her zetec s did one off the lights untill the boost kicked in n blu her of the PRIVATE TEST TRACK ;)

Yea i watched the video of the race and the camera man sounded like he was part of the 5bhp sunstrip crew..

I know of Puntoboy GT off the site aswell.. hes local geeky fella.. with an chavved up 1.2.

182 Cup, (2nd one)

PMSL

FIAT - FIX IT AGAIN TOMMOROW.

I Was unfortunate to have a fiat a few years back, this rings so true

all these people with problems with fiats, if you build them properly in the 1st place they will last

i had a 180-200bhp uno turbo, threw thousands at it, run 13 second quarters and did actually handle (coilovers, front and rear upper and lower braces and a cage) more worrying is the thing never once broke down on me, not one mechanical issue and only ever had to replace servicable parts

traction is the main reason you dont see many 170bhp puntos running low 14s, as lets be honest, a car as light as that at the front, its always going to be difficult to launch it

once rolling, id say the torque from the punto would see it through the gears a little (not much) quicker than the clio, top end, id put my money on the clio if it had an extra 30 miles to race on, top speed will be higher, just take a lot longer to get there

I drove my friends and his is 170 bhp.. and fcuk did it feel quick. but the turbo makes it feel quicker than it actually is...?... Im going to have to arrange this little race and find out for myself.

Titanium 182

just to clear up

iv owned a fair few fast cars

my punto gt was around 170/175 bhp with the seb map and other mods

it was faster than my mk1 172 which had a full system/bmc

and was faster than my 200bhp ibiza 20vt!

i loved my gt, regretted selling it, suprised loads of cars

had a civic on acceration aswell only upto 70 ish as we had to slow down!

puntos are sh*t cars but GTs are good fun

i was lucky enough to get one that had done 30k and had one owner in 5 years and came with all the history!

twin dump valves rocked aswell!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

one of the rude boys around here had one, supposed to be 170 bhp and when he had a play with me i was sat behind him with plenty more to go in a standardish valver when he pulled over asked me it it was turbod as his car was "really fast" in his words lol

Dave

Clio 182

171bhp@fly ¦ 182 ft/lbs ¦ 1/4: 15.2 @ 90.89mph

^^^ Great time that for 170bhp! lol

Iv ran nigh on the same time with only 150bhp, wow, rapid!