ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Purely Gadgets .co.uk

Mégane RS
jessops in birmingham wont do it, i was well angry when jessops stafford sent me cause they didnt have stock and i didnt want to order one in, got it from stafford in the end, try a smaller branch of jessops. i was going to order mine of pureleygadgets but read some very negative reviews about them, have you tried www.buyacamera.co.uk?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Am I right in saying that pixmania is a French company though, and you have to get hold of English parts yourself? Like the manual and charger?
What are they like f something is wrong, like warrenty problems?

Fabia vRS
used pixmania a few times and 2 times the items have turned up and not worked, and because they are in france it's a hassle sending stuff back and forwards.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Its just the fact that in Jessops its £500, and on T'internet they are over £150 cheaper!
Would prefer it from there though as its much easier if theres a problem etc. They were doing price match, up till the week before Christmas when they stopped it. They said they might put it back on, but most likely not till at least February.

Yup Pixmania send European goods usually, when I got my FZ30 they forgot to send me a plug adaptor so it was useless until I went out and bought one. It also came with every manual apart from English.

Saying that though, if the above doesn't bother you and the savings are good enough, they aren't really a problem. It catches people out normally but as long as you are aware it's ok, especially as the actual camera is identical to the UK one.

I swear by London Camera Exchange now, so so helpful if anything goes wrong. My D50 packed in after 2 months, I took it back and they just gave me a brand new one. Most shops would send it to Nikon for you to be repaired which takes up to 6 weeks.

How about...

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product.asp?ProductID=2038

£350, not sure what they are like but they appear to be UK based and shipping/returns policy seems reasonable.

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Again, that appears to be good, its just I'm very weary (sp) of all these sites, as I havent really heard of them before, but i'll read up on it!

Did you see the post I put up in one of your threads a while back Btw?

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=166270

I know I havent even got the camera yet lol, just interested.

I'm also looking for some decent samples from Fz50's
Been looking on some sites, and the fz20 seems to be coming out with better results, but maybe that because it's been out longer etc... Reading up on http://www.ukexpert.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1974
and alot of the picture samples so far seem quite noisey.

T

thecremeegg

Don't use Pixmania!!!! They are terrible, and CS is appalling. Plenty of horror stories about them......

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Pixmania were fine for me . Saved just over £100 on a camcorder compared to anywhere in the UK , plus it was the latest model which wasn't released over here for another 6 months . English manuals , 2 year warranty . I'd use them again anway .

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Hmm, confused really lol, quite tempted to sod it nd order it from amazon, anyone ever had to send something back to them? Loking for the warrenty details on it, and cant see anything, so I presume its the standard year?
Otherwise, it is about 50 quid cheaper at purely gadgets, and with 18 month warrenty, but do I trust them?!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Ah sod it, I've ordered it, hope I dont regret that one lol, Paid extra for express delivery, should be with me tomorrow!!??