ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Push Start Ignition Guidance

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Hiya all,

I am currently wanting to install a push to start ignition in the 172 and have took a few pics of what im presented with and wanted some deffinative answers.

First all these are the 4 wires from the ignition barrel which provide the main starter motor power.

26022011134.jpg

Which of these 4 cables acts as the 3rd turn of the key to start the motor?

I can see a good source for a nice 12vdc to open the circuit to allow the 40amp relay i actuate. This hangs of the barrel itself.

26022011138.jpg

Above is a close up of the 12v indication and below is a close up of wires.
26022011137.jpg

Again which ones do i require?

Im going to be using this with out that stupid red button but use a button hidden else where in the car and dis the wires which would effectivley render the key only useful for steering lock and immobiliser.

If any previous experience in this subject would come to life and explain that would be great.

I will be taking photos through out and will create a guide for everyone.

Thanks.

ITB'd 172 POPTART
Bump.

I have still had no guidance on this and would like to be able to help ppl should this ever arise again.

Searches on here don't help. Ditz hasn't answered me.

Thanks

MK2 Clio
I fitted a push start button, firsty don't use the bottom two pics as they are for immobiliser and they are very sensitive and need enough electricity to work I strongly disadvise doing this. Secondly, I want to warn you, the button gets old quickly. Its fun to begin with but do you really want it? the key will be more reliable and easier to sell. Wiring wise if you buy a kit it wil tell you, there are specific terminals to use for each. I'll post it if I find the instructions...

MK2 Clio
I'll find my kit on the net tomorrow. It just replaces the 3rd turn not the first 2. You can remove your immobiliser ring and reposition it as a cup then leave the key blade in the switch. Then use the button to start it, you would still need the fob to get past the immobiliser. I'll explain more when I'm on my mac and not my iphone