ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting on non-runflats can fail an MOT?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
At my local tyre place earlier, they were saying that there is a chance that the year after next, if you put non-runflats on a car that is supposed to have runflats on (like my Mini) it will fail its MOT. I know them in there and they don't tend to make s**t up.

Anyone heard about this possibly coming into effect in the next years?

I wouldn't worry about it until it happens. The year after next is along time away and there are always vosa are baning this vosa are banning that rumours going around most never come true.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There's always rumours about Vosa.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Nah, how would a tester be expected to know which cars came with run flats and which dont, load of rubbish. Had a email from vosa today about all the new stuff come jan 2012.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it true that advisories will now be on the actual mot itself??

I bloody hope so. It will save me a load of aggro.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Is it true that advisories will now be on the actual mot itself??

I bloody hope so. It will save me a load of aggro.

yes, it started on monday, the new certificate is a joke, its printed out on plain paper, pass on the left and advisorys on the right, you cold type one up yourself, you will give it a bit of wtf is this s**te when you see one Dan lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
yes, it started on monday, the new certificate is a joke, its printed out on plain paper, pass on one side and advisorys on other, you cold type one up yourself, you will give it a bit of wtf is this s**te when you see one Dan lol.

For me it means I don't have to keep going on to the vosa site to look up the advisories on peoples part exchanges. Proper PITA.

IF I can type them up myself i'll be even happier! lol!!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
this is what the new certificate looks like, advisory box on the right. On the bonus, it will make buying a used car that bit nicer as the seller cant throw away the advisorys, unless they cut the page in half.

060.jpg