ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for MT Audio

306 GTI-6
I have an Alpine 9870r headunit, and am looking at buying an Ipod Nano 4g. Now it says the kce 422i cable for linking these will not charge the 4th gen nano.

My question is will the following product let me charge the ipod as well? Its a v=bit unclear on the Apple website to be honest as to what connection s it uses, as it mentions usb.

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TS696LL/A?mco=MzU0MzI0OA

If you know it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. alternatively would the alpine kce-433i be backwards compatible with my headunit? as i think this charges the nano 4g.

Last edited:
where have you read that it wont charge it with the 422i?the 433 isnt backward compatible unfortunately
EDIT:nevermind
alternatively you could buy an alpine lead to usb then use your ipod sync cable to charge it,but you wouldnt have ipod control or that adapter on the apple site would be ideal but you would still need the 422i

Last edited:
  306 GTI-6
Its quite well known. Apple changed the charging method on the new iphone, 2nd gen touch and the 4th gen nano. it doesnt charge using the firewire charging points. so a lot of docks and cables will allow it to play the tunes etc, but the charging functionality is lost.

One place was here:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500KCE422I/Alpine-KCE-422i-iPod-cable.html?tp=120&tab=detailed_info

upon checking that link though it appears in the note it says the Scoche passport will be needed, so guess it is compatible lol

306 GTI-6
where have you read that it wont charge it with the 422i?the 433 isnt backward compatible unfortunately
EDIT:nevermind
alternatively you could buy an alpine lead to usb then use your ipod sync cable to charge it,but you wouldnt have ipod control or that adapter on the apple site would be ideal but you would still need the 422i

Thanks for that. I think I have found a better adapter (according to reviews) from the states, with a couple of discount codes i have managed to get it coming out delivered cheaper than the Scosche adapter too.