ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question about Iron X/Deironizer

Right, I am ordering some more bits and bobs as I will be doing a full detail in a couple of weeks, plus I'm doing my mates car this weekend.

I have most of what I need, but my question is about Iron-x. Basically do I need it for the paint or can I use Wolfs Deironizer? They appear to do the same thing tbh, just in different ways!

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wheel...micals-deironizer-brake-duster-/prod_899.html

That's what I have, I use it on the wheels at the moment, works a treat, but will it work/should I use it on the paint?!

Sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't find a definitive answer really!

Looks like Wolfs is fine, just takes longer, not much of a problem :)

Have you used your Tardis Rhys? I'm getting some and was wondering what you thought of it?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like Wolfs is fine, just takes longer, not much of a problem :)

Have you used your Tardis Rhys? I'm getting some and was wondering what you thought of it?

I was extremely surprised how little tar I had on the car tbh. But it's extremely good. Can borrow it if you want? I'll bring it up with me next time I'm out. In fact, get yourself a chemical resistant spray bottle and I'll give you a bottle.

I was extremely surprised how little tar I had on the car tbh. But it's extremely good. Can borrow it if you want? I'll bring it up with me next time I'm out. In fact, get yourself a chemical resistant spray bottle and I'll give you a bottle.

Cheers mate, I don't mind buying some of my own though because I'll probably need it quite often, nice one though :)

I'm doing Oli's M5 this weekend and I dare say it's never been detailed, so I want to get it iron-x'ed, tardised and clayed so I can give it a quick once over with SRP, EGP and wax.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, I don't mind buying some of my own though because I'll probably need it quite often, nice one though :)

I'm doing Oli's M5 this weekend and I dare say it's never been detailed, so I want to get it iron-x'ed, tardised and clayed so I can give it a quick once over with SRP, EGP and wax.

If it's never been detailed you'll deffo want some, to save you buying some for the weekend I'll fill the bottle up I have and bring it for you to use. You'll definitely want some once you've used it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ironx is also safe. Deironizer just can be left on for days and won't stain.

Ironx works much quicker.

Ironx is also safe. Deironizer just can be left on for days and won't stain.

Ironx works much quicker.

Okay, how much quicker?

When I did my wheels I was happy with Deironizer taking 15 mins or so, I presume this sort of timescale would be expected on paintwork also?!?!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed, 15/20 minutes.

IronX is almost instant then it keeps working. Up to yourself, both are fantastic products.

Not a 320d
I think Deironizer is s**t tbh.

Slow to work, sometimes doesnt work if its really cold, doesnt work well enough.

Its like a cheaper, shitter version of iron X

O wait.

I do t think it's s**t. It just takes longer. I like the fact you can leave it on wheels then blast off the dried gel. For a wheels off detail, it's great as you can get on with the body work or arches.

However, it is slower as stated, so for bodywork it makes sense to choose iron-x over it.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
still a good giggle when the lads at work ask what it is & smell it .... deep smell too! lolz

So what benefits does using iron x have?

Read the first page?

It's faster than Wolfs Deironiser.

Iron-x is a product name, if you're asking if it's worth going through the process of removing the iron/brake dust fallout then yes, it's worth it for the final finish of the car. Maybe not "shinier" as such, but it will be a better finish as you won't end up polishing contaminates into your paint.

Not a 320d
So what benefits does using iron x have?

It'll ensure the longevity of exterior paintwork protection products.

Part of a 3 step paintwork prep process for me.

Wash, dry, tardis, wipe paint with MF cloth, apply iron x, wait, aggitate, wait again, remove with MF cloth. Clay. Re wash to remove anything thats left. Dry. Ready for polishing or protection.

Golf GTD Mk7
It'll ensure the longevity of exterior paintwork protection products.

Part of a 3 step paintwork prep process for me.

Wash, dry, tardis, wipe paint with MF cloth, put on full breathing gear, apply iron x, wait, aggitate, wait again, remove with MF cloth. Clay. Re wash to remove anything thats left. Dry. Ready for polishing or protection.

;)

why do you use a microfibre to remove the iron x? surely just pre rinse and wash afterwards is fine.