ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Question about PB BH

BMW M135I
Basically, I did my first detail on my car the other day with a machine polisher. The results seem quite good and im pleased with my first effort but didnt get all the swirls removed like I was hoping. (Ill post pics soon)

I was going to use Poorboys Blackhole to help cover the remaining swirls and odd light scratch but because of time I finished machine polishing and waxed the car with collonite 915 as I wouldnt get chance to work on the car for a few days.

Now i'm just wondering how I would go about applying BH? Would it be ok the apply it over the wax or would it be pointless. I will be using the DA to apply it.

Thanks in advance

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Since you're applying via machine it's ideal. Me personally would strip the wax with a cleanser or a strong apc wash then apply the BH via DA then get 2 layers of wax ion there to seal the fillers in. Should look very good.

BH is such a good product actually, people think of it as cheating but they forget you can't correct your car every 3 months, you'll have no paint left!

BMW M135I
Thanks for the reply Gally, I hav been reading on detailing world about BH and some of the reviews and pictures do make it look a good product. As i said, I havent got full correction so hopfully using BH will cover the remaining ones that I struggled with. People have said it looks way better but I cant seem to see it as much but the practice i did on my old bonnet before definatly shows the difference.

When you say strong apc wash, I have meguairs APC so what dilution ratio would you suggest and is it the case of a normal washing technique just substitute the shampoo for the APC

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I would spray it onto the car mate. Then wash it with normal shampoo after rinsing the apc off.

If not just go over the wax with BH save any hassle. It'll be fine aslong as there is no dirt or dust on the paintowrk. :)

What colour is the 172?

BMW M135I
Pearl black

I waint have time till next week to attempt it anyway so I think I will APC it as I'll have more time to attempt it properly. Thanks for the info anyway Gally

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
YW mate, get at least a few pics after it's finished, black shows up so well.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know how you get on mate, hand application?

BMW M135I
As the car stands after the machine polish, not the best camera used and has been driven for 2 days since I did it so a bit dusty now.

P1010552.jpg

Nice deep scratch in the middle of the door :dapprove:

Sorry if the pic is too big.