ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick question

Hi

Im just about to go and look at a 172, what I need to know is what colour the Exclusives came in. The reason why I ask this is because in the advert the bloke wrote 2001 Renault clio 2.0 16v Exclusive 172 (2001). The colour of it is silver I thought they came in a dark green colour??

Anyway does it sound a good deal it has the normal spec 29k miles, MOT, tax it is up for £6700, I think I could get it for £6400?

What do you think?

Thanks

All the exclusives are green there might be one or two late registered exclusives which got regitered after the Mk2 2 Clio was released.

Thats very low milage (somehting Im not to keen on anyway) but Id be worried why there calling it an exclusive when its clearly not maybe its been resprayed.

I take it is a last shape Clio ie not with the triangular lights? If so then £6.5k sounds a good price I woulndt pay any more though particularly with higher milage 2000 Mk1 172s (something Id prefere) are going for £5k.

Cheers

From looking at the pic its a mk1 172

I thought the exclusives were green, maybe he didnt know about the exclusive model. I will find out

Right I have been to look at it. It seems really good apart from one thing that I noticed when I test drove it on my own.

When I pulled away in second it seemed to make a vibrating grinding noise. I asked the bloke he said he hasnt heard anything before & the 4 other people who have test drove it never said anything, so it could be my driving.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be??

I think im going to go for another test drive, luckily my girlfriend knows the person selling it.

Its a Y reg has 29k, just passed MOT & service, new brakes & disks he is prepared to accept £6500, anyone have any views?

Thanks

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Exclusives were only in Scarab Green and came with full grey leather and 16 inch BBS alloy wheels.