ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick update of my Gordini 200

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Any time you want pics mate just give me a text/ring or pm, it's not a problem.
Do you want them step by step, or when it's all finished?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Ah, you got it:approve:

Cool. Agree on keeping a Gordini a Gordini.

Took an order for a White one today, with Black Speedlines - kind of misses the point!

200 Gordini
Any time you want pics mate just give me a text/ring or pm, it's not a problem.
Do you want them step by step, or when it's all finished?

Just when the Speedlines are on, my plans should be done within the next couple of days but the Speedlines are not 100% coming Saturday.

Ah, you got it:approve:

Cool. Agree on keeping a Gordini a Gordini.

Took an order for a White one today, with Black Speedlines - kind of misses the point!

Plus the blue interior on a white or black car? hmm. Gordinis are normally racing blue, not Malta blue but they're still a blue.

Thanks for all of your help and quotes etc :)

il admit when i first saw the gordini release pics i really wasnt keen but my god it has grown on me, a smart subtle car but certainly something different, and good different, i like the different coloured lip at the front, i might even go as far to say i even like the strips, think it suits it well with the white mirrors, but glad your changing the one thing i would change, the wheels, will look even better black! enjoy

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Any reason you're going for the black speedlines? If you're going to keep it a "Gordini" then I think white would have worked much better, with white mirrors too.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Jesus. That looks horrific.

I can't believe this is an official RS product. Looks like a dealer special.

...and that gear surround. WTF.

Turbos.
il admit when i first saw the gordini release pics i really wasnt keen but my god it has grown on me, a smart subtle car but certainly something different, and good different,

You what?

Looks like someone went to the bargain bin at Halfords. Probably the worst Clio i've seen, period!

How did they get it so wrong? You could have gotten a nice 197 and made it look amazing for cheaper.

4138376752_0c2e3e8fc2_b.jpg

Not my cup of tea but each to their own.

I am confused though, changing the wheels and considering removing the stripes ... what next, colour code the body parts and fit some recaros!? Sounds like you should have bought a 200 and specced it up.

Do not like.

Is the piano black dash console with matt black plastic buttons and stereo standard on all 200s?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Colour code the mirrors and blade. Get rid of the standard wheels. Remove the stripes. At least then it looks like a normal 200 in a slightly dubious blue.

And change the leather gaitor thing on the gear stick. Horrific.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You what?

Looks like someone went to the bargain bin at Halfords. Probably the worst Clio i've seen, period!

How did they get it so wrong? You could have gotten a nice 197 and made it look amazing for cheaper.

4138376752_0c2e3e8fc2_b.jpg

If i ever keep my GW cup till its near dead, i will respray it in SG, epic colour on a 197

^^That pic. I'm trying to think of something nice to say but I can't. On that basis, I'm not going to say anything.

phz 1 172
hi mate its ok . dont worry about what people say if you like thats all that matters as you payed for it and you drive it . most people cant afford one . but that said the 197 is the best clio so far

260% JCW
hi mate its ok . dont worry about what people say if you like thats all that matters as you payed for it and you drive it . most people cant afford one . but that said the 197 is the best clio so far

Most people probably could.

BMW E34 540i
hmmm welcome in the club mate :D

I need to get this turning signal bulbs of yours - the standard ones look like egg yolk :D

Nice car - looks familiar

200 Gordini
I'm really not fussed by the haters, it's a lovely car and a lovely drive. I'm not removing the stripes and just changing the wheels.

Not sure how someone can think the Speedlines will make it look worse. I really urge some of you Gordini haters to go and see one in the metal..

I didn't get a 197 because I wanted a 200.
I didn't get a 200 cup because the spec is fooking shocking, it doesn't even tell you the temperature haha. POVERTY. Simple.
I didn't buy a 200 and spec every option on the list because it would of cost alot of wonga.

I bought a 200 Gordini because of the massive spec (I wanted every option so I got what I want in the Gordini), very nice colour (If you haven't saw it in the metal then your opinion is invalid) and the white bits make it stand out. I've shown around 6 people who hated the Gordini but then changed their mind when they actually saw it. Also, I got this at a good price and I guarantee [Please feel free to come back and check in 3 years time] that it will be worth more than the other 200s on the market. I haven't bought this outright so it's a good move money wise compared to buying and speccing a 200.

GT DCi , Astra MK 5
The gordini is amazing I wanted one the garage I got my GT had one but I couldn't afford £19,000
Lol
Was seconds away from a 200 aswell but the insurance screwed that aswell.
I managed to get my GT with leather interior for 13,000 robbed the garage :) :)

197 FF Glacier White
Looks good mate. Not my cup of tea though, I'd have to change one or two things and I'd not buy a new car I had to do that to. Hope you enjoy it, I've seen one in the flesh recently and I agree with you that they look much better in the metal, odd how they don't photograph well.

I think there are a few 'slightly' envious posts on here, ignore them and enjoy your car, if we all drove the 'perfect' car formulated from other peoples opinions, we'd all drive a Focus! Thats not a good thought!

Gareth