ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickest way for a good shine/minimal swirls on BG

Impreza Wagon
In the past I've purchased poorboys blackhole and natttys wax however I'm still getting poor results. I'm not a big fan of cleaning cars but recently the swirls and dull paintwork is depressing me! What's the best process for applying these products quickly and with ease?

Also happy to purchase some other products if needs be however 3 hours + polishing would kill me!

Impreza Wagon
Claying etc just seems like another process that'll add a lot of time. Problem is my car looks filthy within one commute to work so putting loads of hours into detailing seems pointless for me. I was hoping for a quick fix (runs and hides from detailing gurus)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
sorry but just being lazy to put bit more effort into it you will see the rewards and for me i dont find my car gets as dirty as others make out and i do 50-60 miles a day mon to friday as of lately. only quick fix is paying someone else to clean it :p

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
HAve you tried Auto glym super resin polish? Its very cheap and basic but extremely easy to use and hides swirls quite well.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
RE dullness: Sounds like a thourough decontamination would help (de-iron, de-tar, clay). But if thats not an option you fancy I recommend a paint cleanser to go before your Blackhole. Werkstat Prime Strong is my choice.

RE Swirls: If polishing is too labour intesive for you, give it two hits with Blackhole and make sure you use it properly.

Honda & VW
Odd that you are not getting decent results as Blackhole should be the perfect product for your car and can be applied by hand as i'm assuming you dont have a machine? Although having said that a product will only be as good as the preparation carried out before hand.

Lets start with how you are currently using your BH?

HAve you tried Auto glym super resin polish? Its very cheap and basic but extremely easy to use and hides swirls quite well.

This.

Works really well on my BG182

I am getting it properly 'detailed' soon but in the mean time have been using SRP on it

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Let's go back to basics: what's your wash and prep routine, as this maybe incurring more swirls every time so no matter how much glaze you use you won't get the best from it

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Claying his paint really will f**k it up. Another thing people shouldn't go into lightly.

Sounds like you want a quick fix. No one local that can give it a quick glaze via machine. Hand glazing isn't ideal if the paint is really bad.

You could try something like Auto Finesse tripple. All in one polish with fillers.

Or a pure polish by hand, something like Gtechniq P1. Needs plenty of hand work though. Not something i'd want to do.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just guessing but either you're missing vital stages, or using something awful like turtlewax shampoo and a yellow sponge to clean it.

Black is the worst colour for swirls etc, so you have to be mega careful.

Put some work in once, and the rewards will last for months...

I did mine properly - wash, polish & seal over a weekend in October. It's been washed about once ever 3 months since with a bucket of suds and nothing else. Still looks immense. 5 mins with a bucket of suds and it looks almost as fresh as it did when it got the works.

If you really can't be bothered, take it to Dawn (MagpieV6) in High Wycombe and she'll sort it out and leave you with a fully protected ridiculously shiny car.

Impreza Wagon
I wash my car with a pressure washer, sponge and then chamois cloth. If I can just get the swirls out I'd be happy. I usually apply the black hole with a pad and buff out with a microfiber cloth. Should I really work the product in hard or not?

Also have some super resin from years ago but not used it on the Clio. I might have a little go with it when it stops raining...

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
ditch the sponge for a mitt & buy a drying towel. Machine her & wash without the sponge & shammy.

Although i use a valet pro sponge :approve:

Impreza Wagon
Would a cheap machine polisher do the job? I'd practice on the other halfs car first :)

Also just looked on polished bliss, that website melted my head after just looking at wash mitts!

Last edited:

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
get on detailingworld & read read read!

You can get a da for like £99, Dodo juice or Kestrel's are even cheaper iirc.

If you get stuck feel free to pm for any advice, I'll try my best to help :D