ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quiet Exhuast for 182

Yo

It's been a while since I've been on here!

So when I bought the 182, it's got some horrifically loud exhaust (rotted original one) which has been on my list of things to replace for some time, it's horrible, so loud and boomy.

So, I need opinions on what's the best non standard, quiet exhaust to go for.

Criteria is, it can have a bit of growl/rasp on acceleration, but when sat at a constant speed, say 70/80 on the motorway, there is hardly any intrusion whatsoever. I may be being picky.

I'm also not overly keen on the Renault original, as far as I can see, the one on there is the original, and the baffles have gone which is why it's so loud and it's all rusty and flaky, it also came with a receipt for a new Renault exhaust 18 months ago, so if I'm paying £400, I'd rather have a stainless system that will last!

Advice is mucho appreciated. Budget is around the £400 mark.

Ta! :)

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for something like a Scorpion RS192 with centre silencer, both rear silencers and keep the standard cat in place.

Yeah that's one I've come across, but whatever video I've seen has it seems quite loud. It's either that or the K-tec/Janspeed system.

Apparently the RS192 is only marginally louder than a standard system.

Yeah that's what I've been reading, think that's what I'll be ordering this evening, unless anybody else comes in with another suggestion or reason not to get it.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I run the RS192 with all silencers and cat still in place, its pretty quiet. louder than standard but not by much. I use the car daily and don't find it intrusive at all

I believe the only quieter system is the fully silenced miltek

I also ran a janspeed for a while, that was fairly quiet too, but probably louder than the RS192, had a nicer rasp to it though

Not sure if I'm keen on the Milltek, looking at the price, the rs192 is a good few quid cheaper.

Job done by the looks of, rs192!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I went to Pro-speed in Cardiff and asked for mid sport but not too intrusive at 70. When pootling it is subtle...when you hit the loud pedal it sounds nice and has decent grunt.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd go for something like a Scorpion RS192 with centre silencer, both rear silencers and keep the standard cat in place.

Thats what we have, 87db at croft at 5500rpm, which is enough to be allowed out on one of their super quiet days!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
How much did that set you back Don?

It was £485 a couple of years ago. I used them for a stealth on my old 172Cup and really liked it so went there for the 182. Tailpipes are slash cut and look how Renault should have made them originally.

clio 182 trophy
I too have a prospeed and it is quiet at 70 tbh. A great improvement noise wise over standard and far from a loud system imo. Suits the car.

Yeah looked at prospeed, but haven't got the time to travel there which is a shame as I've always heard good things.

RS192 just ordered, hopefully be here this week to fit at the weekend.

Thanks for the help!

Trophy Turbo :)
Don't buy the miltek system. Especially with the " none silenced" centre my ears are still sore had to turbo the car just to make it livable lol

Fitted last night. Absolutely love it! No intrusion whatsoever when sat at 60/70, nice note when you put your foot down, but even then, it's very quiet. Was lovely to fit, needs a bit of adjustment to have it sitting perfect, but going to let it sort itself out for a few miles then sort out.

Thanks for the help people!