ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 is going....

Ordered a new Meg 250 at the weekend so the R27 will be up for sale soon.

I have specced it in red with optional cup pack, leather Recaros, Renaultsport Monitor & LED lights

Absolutely love the 197, cracking motor, but am looking forward to a bit more oomph

excellent stuff mate. i was over at my local renault dealership and they have an ultra red megane 250 sitting and it looks really well...very very nice. it has a lovely posture and seems very well finished.

r27 is a cracking car...but like all things, at some stage it comes time to move on.

health to enjoy the new motor.

Clio 1970000000
Sat in a Meg today (some ipod varient not a sport) and it is a very nice place to be if you sit in the front. Love the dash.

If you sit in the back, it will be a bit claustrophobic and you can't see sh1t out the back window, but it still looks the nuts IMO

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I'm going to go and have a look at a 250 in the flesh as i still think there fugly on the pics, good upgrade though!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
More money than sense.

I look forward to seeing the pics my friend.

Crappy work hire car
Awesome, I love the new RS250! How much you selling the R27 for out of interest?

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
Fantastic stuff. The Meg is a superb car.

Looking forward to seeing the pics :cool:

Renaultsport Clio 172
Personally, i woulda bought the Focus RS for the same sorta money but nevertheless the Megane is really nice

Mini Cooper S sport
Do love the 250s, they look stunning. I'm going to put up with the old hat version for a bit longer though. Can't afford 23k+ on a brand new Meg!

In response....

Car is due to arrive late may - so i expect it late june!!

No expected wait for Leather recaros but we'll see

R27 is up for sale at a very nice price - £10,495 (cheapest R27 in country at the mo!)

Going for red with black powder coated rims.

197 better to drive?! 197 is a great car no denying but the RS250 is in a different league. Power, LSD...

Thought about Focus RS, but too may people who have owned then swap back into a Renault. Do think the FRS is an awesome looking piece of kit. Plus Im a RenaultSport fan...

More money than sense? Dont see how the RS250 is an awesome piece of kit - read the press!!

No worries Chris - I'll take you for a spin when it finally arrives - wait will be agonising

Cheers for the comments all - really looking forward to it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oooft.

Couldn't justify the RS250 over the FRS imo. But each to their own and all that.

You've got a bloody good spec on it though.

Nissan 350z
I'm not sure how a Focus RS is an option for lots of people who get an RS250, how much is a new Focus RS? As you can get a new RS250 cup for under £20k, and I am pretty sure the focus is quite a bit more!

Thats correct Roy. The model I'm getting is nearly £26k with the options (RRP). Obviously Im not paying that, but a Focus RS was easily within my price bracket.

Crappy work hire car
There are loads FRS about already, I've only seen a few RS250s, so IMO you made the right choice. No Halfords vents glued on either

Hey, I'm not arguing in either direction. The point is that his car is speced up way above £22k. Very close to FRS money, which is I think why some people drew the comparison. It's not hard.

The FRS is just over £28k if you want LP1 (and only a fool wouldn't). Base car is £27,500.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There are loads FRS about already, I've only seen a few RS250s, so IMO you made the right choice. No Halfords vents glued on either
Think about it, if there is more of one car on the road what does that tell you?

Stuck on vents! Flolrofl!

Have you seen the wheel arches on the new megane?

Okay, so £22k for a full fat one? How much is a new Focus RS?

You will not get the 250 with Leather Recaros, Cup Chassis and other options for £22k - a cup yes but not with the leather recaros.

the options alone on my car are over £2,500!

Crappy work hire car
Think about it, if there is more of one car on the road what does that tell you?

Stuck on vents! Flolrofl!

Have you seen the wheel arches on the new megane?

It tells you it was eagerly anticipated because of its history (lol).
Nah I know they're good cars, and that there's another thread on this discussing the depreciation etc. But I just prefer the Megane tbh, rarity value n all that

Nissan 350z
Yeah, £22k without options from my local dealer, cup pack is really expensive is it not on the full fat? How much are leather recaros?

I was thinking about getting one, but I would just get a cup with renault monitor, not really interested in the other options personally.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I don't see why everyone is getting on at him for not buying a FRS. Most reviews where the FRS and Meg are compared, the meg always comes out on top.

I too would also have probably gone for the FRS, but the meg is certainly not any 'less' of a car.

Nice purchase :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
We're not getting on at him, it was mearly a discussion.