ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R35 GTR

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
So the GTR is going now or are you just testing the waters?

I think so.

Love the car but it’s not special enough to use as a weekend toy. I want something more demanding/engaging to drive.

If it sells, great I’ll crack on, however I won’t lose sleep if it dosent, I still enjoy the car.

As it happens I’m doing a deal with this Exige.

He was originally just going to buy the car as the Lotus was being sold to a trader tomorrow. As it happens the trade price was good and I actually like the car, it’s way under anything that’s currently for sale.

Neither of us are in a rush so it won’t be until the end of the month after mine has been serviced/motd.

So he’s paying the difference from trade sale price he agreed and my advertised price for GTR.

Comes with the mint alloys/tyres and a new set of whatever wheels go on the 400.

They cost him almost 4k so not bad.

5879fc84-ed8f-450a-9df7-05950bf6ca7f.jpeg
90dd79a5-b4c3-48d6-9dfc-ef9f549eaa0e.jpeg
5a0b01bb-7dd3-4edb-83f1-ce04ee3b150c.jpeg
767ee9ae-4faf-4055-b12e-3064d14955fe.jpeg
ac06877d-22d3-4625-8a02-8e29245fb881.jpeg
e8939f5a-f39c-4620-8f3a-493c7922e5b1.jpeg
e51fac96-315d-4b4a-893b-a73b1bbcd6f9.jpeg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I think so.

Love the car but it’s not special enough to use as a weekend toy. I want something more demanding/engaging to drive.

If it sells, great I’ll crack on, however I won’t lose sleep if it dosent, I still enjoy the car.

He was originally just going to buy the car as the Lotus was being sold to a trader tomorrow. As it happens the trade price was good and I actually like the car, it’s way under anything that’s currently for sale.

Neither of us are in a rush so it won’t be until the end of the month after mine has been serviced/motd.

So he’s paying the difference from trade sale price he agreed and my advertised price for GTR.

Comes with the mint alloys/tyres and a new set of whatever wheels go on the 400.

View attachment 1682754View attachment 1682755View attachment 1682756View attachment 1682757View attachment 1682758View attachment 1682759View attachment 1682760
Now that's a proper weekend toy 👌

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Hope so, it will be a hoot for sure.

Obviously this kind of deal can fall through at anytime but he is mega mega keen so all should be ok.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say that's an upgrade on the GTR Ant. You've changed, first you stop playing cod and now you're buying a Lotus!🤣

The R35 does nothing for me, they're like the Tesla of the supercar world minus the kebab microwave

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Get the deal done whilst it’s still hot!

It would be done this weekend but he wants me to continue with the service/mot which is booked in for the 06/04, soonest it can be done and was booked in 7 weeks ago!

Litchfield are doing the above so it makes sense for him to wait. I’m inpatient and would just take as is 😂

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I thought this had your name all over it..

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I think so.

View attachment 1682754View attachment 1682755View attachment 1682756View attachment 1682757View attachment 1682758View attachment 1682759View attachment 1682760
Quite different yet similar to the GTR.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
GTR is going to Litchfields tomorrow for its MOT and service.

Sunday is the big day, guy with the Exige is coming to mine, aslong as we are both happy, he gives me 15k, takes the Nissan and hands me the keys for the Exige.

I hope it’s not another mini situation…..

I said to the wife last night that if I get fucked around or have cold feet, I’ll punt the mini on and put the GTR in garage.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
what on earth lol?!
Have you driven a GTR?
You know it feels substantial in terms of size on the road? The V6 is similar.
The torque of the V6 combined with the supercharger makes the Lotus very easy to drive. You are not constantly stirring the gearbox to keep it on the boil. Despite the semi auto box on the GTR its similar.

The V6 is more direct and less inert due to its lower kerb weight.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Have you driven a GTR?
You know it feels substantial in terms of size on the road? The V6 is similar.
The torque of the V6 combined with the supercharger makes the Lotus very easy to drive. You are not constantly stirring the gearbox to keep it on the boil. Despite the semi auto box on the GTR its similar.

The V6 is more direct and less inert due to its lower kerb weight.
But the V6 is still the same size as any other Exige isn't it?! You could say the V6 feels the same as a 330d aswell?! It;s just a bizarre comaprison to make just because its has torque.
The Exige and GTR couldn't feel more different imo!
Yes the v6 Exige might be closer to the GTR in terms of torque and ease of drive compared to the 4cyl ones in the same way a Panamera diesel is closer to GT3 RS 4.0 as compared to a 997 GT3 RS!

Unless ive completely misunderstood your point 🤷‍♂️

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
But the V6 is still the same size as any other Exige isn't it?!
In the s3 range, yes. In the s2 no. That was a 4 cylinder
You could say the V6 feels the same as a 330d aswell?!
Perhaps, but as I haven't driven one I am not comparing. Ant is also not considering one in this thread so its a pointless comparison.
It;s just a bizarre comaprison to make just because its has torque.
I am not familiar with what a comaprison is , but I suspect its similar to a comparison. I think you might be missing the relevance. The point is / was that both cars do not need to be wrung out to make progress. You can bimble about with minimal revs and make progress, or use a lower gear and enjoy the supercharger ( or turbo ! ) and press on. Both engines feel larger than their capacity would suggest. This is masked by the supercharger on the Exige , and the turbos on the GTR.

The Exige and GTR couldn't feel more different imo!
I suspect if you have pedalled both, on track you might be surprised. The single biggest difference is the weight. The GTR feels its mass even on a larger track such as Silverstone where as the S3 exige seems to hide its weight there. Neither car is particularly at home on a smaller track such as Blyton, or Cadwell.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I am not familiar with what a comaprison is , but I suspect its similar to a comparison.
Good one :rolleyes:
I suspect if you have pedalled both, on track you might be surprised. The single biggest difference is the weight. The GTR feels its mass even on a larger track such as Silverstone where as the S3 exige seems to hide its weight there. Neither car is particularly at home on a smaller track such as Blyton, or Cadwell.
Exactly!! Hence the bizarre comparison. You could have just said that the V6 is torquey and you dont have to ring out every gear to make progress.
Size and feel from my experience.

Both feel grown up , the v6 more nimble. Both you can be lazy in due to the v6 or turbo or be on it!
SIZE AND FEEL. Exact opposite to what you just said. Hence me questioning it in the first place.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Arrived at Litchfields, very impressive setup here. Some of the cars are just amazing, workshop is probably the best I have seen to date.

If anyone knows the road between Salisbury, Marlborough, Swindon and on to M5 - you will know they are great driving roads

GTR was a absolute blast, first time I have actually done anymore than 20 miles in one journey,

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Do you wish you got to spend more time doing longer journeys in the GTR?

Sounds like you bought it but didn’t manage to enjoy it.

Hope you get a better experience out of the Exige.

Yes I probably should have. I use to travel Down this same stretch of road weekly for 15 years. Now jobs have changed i literally travel two miles to work.

All this does is turn up the fact that his Exige needs to be a belter to prise the keys out of my hands.

If I keep the Nissan I’ll stop being a fanny and actually use the car for the weekends away rather rely on a shite electric car.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes I probably should have. I use to travel Down this same stretch of road weekly for 15 years. Now jobs have changed i literally travel two miles to work.

All this does is turn up the fact that his Exige needs to be a belter to prise the keys out of my hands.

If I keep the Nissan I’ll stop being a fanny and actually use the car for the weekends away rather rely on a shite electric car.
Why on earth would you choose an electric car over a GTR for weekends away?!
Just use the thing