ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R8 TDI

330i. E30 Touring.
I love it already. I don't think I'd call it a supercar though. When you put it next to the latest Ferarri, Lambo, Konigsseijishfoisdhfhsdfhashfjbebjegg or Zonda I don't think it would be. More in the league slightly below with say, 911, V8 vantage. Or is that just me?

ValverInBits
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The hot exhaust gases break the solution down to form ammonia that splits the nitric oxides into inert nitrogen and water"

Does that not mean its going to smell really strongly of piss?
[/FONT]

172, Tiguan
I think its irksome. Half the fun of a supercar is the sound, the drama. If you can afford one in the first place your not worried about mpg. Your all turning into homosexuals.

E91 M Sport
Some of you are so closed minded. The in-gear acceleration of this thing will be insane - ok it won't catch a CCX in a 1/4 mile drag race, but I reckon its 30-100 mph timings will put many cars twice its price to shame. Secondly its being criticised for running on diesel and sounding s**t? This isn't a Megane DCI, its a 12 cylinder twin turbo - its gonna sound epic like thunder and turbos all rolled up together. The more I think about this car, the more sense it makes.

95' 16v
DSG is manual, but operated by machine which means the changes will be perfect.

They didnt bother with the dsg on these- existing r8's use the R-tronic gearbox found in lambo gallardo etc Dont think they dare use the dsg as they are far from perfect (a matter of opinion of course!)and also cant handle the power/engine layout or as said they can come with a 6 speed manual but i would imagine that theyd tinker with ratios with it being diesel. Either way itl have to be uprated to handle that torque!

They will go very well also as the A8 4.2 v8 tdi is a rocket ship and thats a large car with much less powerful engine and does sound well too! Im more looking forward to the v10 petrol though as im more of a petrol man.

Tangoed Works
I think this is an excellent idea... 2 years to get the pennies together. Anyone reckon these will go over list upon release? How much do you have to put down to reserve a place in the order books?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I think its irksome. Half the fun of a supercar is the sound, the drama. If you can afford one in the first place your not worried about mpg. Your all turning into homosexuals.

You're genuinely telling me that you'd prefer the slower car just for the sound?

Not sure about others but if I was buying a supercar for the outright speed and ability. Fuel doesn't matter, wouldn't buy it because it's diesel, but then wouldn't avoid it because it's diesel. That said, if you could afford the initial outset of a supercar, but wouldn't be able to use it for sub 10mpg figures, what's wrong with opening the market to more people by producing a diesel supercar that achieves an acceptable fuel figure.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would buy a car for how it performs tbh,not bothered whether its a TDI or a petrol.
If the figures are the same then why not

You're genuinely telling me that you'd prefer the slower car just for the sound?

Not sure about others but if I was buying a supercar for the outright speed and ability. Fuel doesn't matter, wouldn't buy it because it's diesel, but then wouldn't avoid it because it's diesel. That said, if you could afford the initial outset of a supercar, but wouldn't be able to use it for sub 10mpg figures, what's wrong with opening the market to more people by producing a diesel supercar that achieves an acceptable fuel figure.

Yes I would.

I would 100% buy a car based on sound.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
I can't like diesel's. I just can't. I know they're good and SO much better than they used to be.........but they're diesel's.

At the end of the day petrol for a REAL performance car diesel for the others.

Although well done to Audi for developing such a wonderful engine to win Le Mans.......though they had the greatest budget and R & D of all of the competitors......wonder what would've happened should they of chose to push a petrol engine instead?? Hmmmm, I wonder....

The reason for the switchover to is pure and simple. MPG

They stay out longer without pitting then they can make more ground.

TBH A petrol engine winning LeMans now is a very distant prospect, unless they outlaw diesels (which they won't)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
tbh my 306hdi feels fast but not as quick as my 182, but a v12 R8 now that would be ridiculously fun

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I can't like diesel's. I just can't. I know they're good and SO much better than they used to be.........but they're diesel's.

Although well done to Audi for developing such a wonderful engine to win Le Mans.......though they had the greatest budget and R & D of all of the competitors......wonder what would've happened should they of chose to push a petrol engine instead?? Hmmmm, I wonder....

Try racing a 535D in your clio

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
never mind a 535d ... try a civic 2.2 cdti 140 bhp ... fast as f**k for what it is ... 400nm of torque FTW

Try racing a 535D in your clio

Horses for courses

Try racing an m5 in a 535d.