ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rabiata Red 2.2 VX220

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So the Astra is sold pending collection.

I talked about getting one of these for ages and my Dad kept telling me just to buy one but i was never sure. So I stopped using the Astra for a good few months to save some money and go out and get one, the plan was to get one next year but with my dads terminal illness i decided to speed the process up.

Had just over a week now and done just shy of 1000 miles in it. Absolutely love it, the handling is hilarious when your pushing on. It just grips and grips, the steering feels superb. Had a couple of moments where it has stepped out but weirdly these have all been at very low speeds, probably just me applying the throttle too early.

Spec is:
2.2 NA
Rare Rabiata Pearl red, only 188 ever made in this colour so probably not many left now.
Full Miltek exhaust with precat delete and high flow sports cat
Remap to suit
Turbo front splitter
Just had full front resprayed and protected with clear vinyl from stone chips. Same on rear arches etc.

When I collected it:

15011267268_c0ee76a9f8_z.jpg

15312013405_465370cf67_z.jpg

15125286300_4455cfc0db_z.jpg

15288967046_2689935d7e_z.jpg

15312013515_0b94c59eb2_z.jpg

How it is now with new plates -
15483784131_ed17d4d6ee_z.jpg

15300269408_d5fc4aeca8_z.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Nice mate. That number plate looks pap though. Is it n.Irish?

Cheers mate. It is I think. Didn't come from Ireland though. Just the last owner always put private plates on to take the age away apparently. He upgraded to a low mileage turbo. It can stay for the time being until I can get one with my name in.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate. It is I think. Didn't come from Ireland though. Just the last owner always put private plates on to take the age away apparently. He upgraded to a low mileage turbo. It can stay for the time being until I can get one with my name in.

Fair. It's the car that matters and it looks mint matey. Wish your old man all the best if he's ill too. Get him out for some drop top lovin! lol

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Fair. It's the car that matters and it looks mint matey. Wish your old man all the best if he's ill too. Get him out for some drop top lovin! lol

Thanks mate, wanted one for a long time!

That was the plan once he was slightly better, but he took a turn for a first last Sunday and passed away on the Tuesday. But at least he got to see it in person and knew I had bought one.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, wanted one for a long time!

That was the plan once he was slightly better, but he took a turn for a first last Sunday and passed away on the Tuesday. But at least he got to see it in person and knew I had bought one.
I'm sorry to hear this mate. 😧 Chin up. Sounds like a good man urging you to get one. As you say, he's seen you own it so it sounds like that would have made him happy too! :smile:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Sweet! I'm a fan of these too.
Stay strong too dude.

On the jazzy car front...you only live once, only young once. Just f**king do it imho.

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
So sorry to hear that fella,

Car looks amazing - always had a soft spot for these.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Ben I didn't really read the post properly.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, be strong. xx

Great cars.
Remember going round Donnington in one on a track day about 2006 or so, lots of fun!
Sorry to hear about your dad, but at least he did get to see you with the car.

Rb 182
Fantastic mate. Well done on just getting on and buying one. I've been going to buy a saph cosworth since I was 17!!
Very sorry to hear about your dad, terrible news :(

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Thanks for comments every one. Means a lot :).

As for the car well it's a pain in the arse but I love it!

The fuel tank is the size of an thimble. The heater is like a mouse coughing on you. And people nearly crash into because they cut corners when they think they can see the road is clear but it's because the car is so low no one sees it coming.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love it. I went through a stage of really wanting one, still do tbh!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Love it. I went through a stage of really wanting one, still do tbh!

Do it! I see it as more of an investment as well as they will hold the value if not go up really.

Its properly fun, I've done just over 1000 miles now in just over a week ha!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I love how you've bought it for winter! :smiley:
Saving for a supercharger yet?

Haha why not eh? Might even run it on 15s all round and stick winter tyres on it yet. Depends how bad a winter we get and how much it wants to freeze from the inside out lol.

Get it on some wider, smaller wheels at the front.. !
Looks tidy :cool:

Thanks! That might happen in the future when I can actually pick some wheels other than 1.2s.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks proper awesome. I have a real soft spot for these as they're just a bit nuts. I remember sitting in one of the press cars at some show my mum got my tickets to as a kid and thinking "how do these people make the corsa?" lol!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks proper awesome. I have a real soft spot for these as they're just a bit nuts. I remember sitting in one of the press cars at some show my mum got my tickets to as a kid and thinking "how do these people make the corsa?" lol!

Yeah they are properly bonkers really. Its a complete no f***s given car lol.

Thats awesome mate, are the 2.2's 145bhp?

Sorry to hear of your old boy passing buddy x

Thanks mate much appreciated! Yeah 145bhp standard, i'd guess this one is maybe just punching above 150bhp. Certainly a lot quicker than I expected coming from the GSI.

No love for 1.2s? They make such a difference though.

They are okay, just so so common, I know they're common for a reason.

I like the ATS set ups you can buy or the standard VXR Speedline ones.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Very nice mate there a silver one near me goes like fook and sounds like a rocket. Sorry to hear about your dad mate its nice that he got to see the car

I love them, and yours looks lovely ! I'd not have bought it for winter though lol.

Sorry to hear about your dad though dude.
Lots of companies sell NI plates as privates ones, that's what this dude bought. They're usually pretty cheap.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Sorry to hear about your dad!

Much like yourself I've always fancied one went and viewed a couple of nice ones a a few sheds. Not having a garage just now always swung it for me.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Still a Red Shed, colour or rust iirc, to loud not enough poke, wheels need spaced, you need to grow..

Thats all I have for now. Il be back later x

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Whats the latest with this? Still got it? @Lal B3N

It made a boy of me lol. Should of waited until I had a garage to store it and buy a 2nd car instead of rushing into it and using it daily.

Now have a garage and a daily. Want another one but will wait until me and the mrs have bought a house.

Building a 300+ Clio 182 track car instead, should be out to play in next 2 weeks.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Ah didn't realise you sold it. Clio sounds like it will be a riot though.

I wish I sold it lol. I binned it. :blush:

Yeah Clio should be a weapon, caged, carbon seats, forged engine etc. Haven't driven it since May, miss driving something fun! Got Nurburgring and Spa in 3 week.

Megane 250
I wish I sold it lol. I binned it. :blush:

Yeah Clio should be a weapon, caged, carbon seats, forged engine etc. Haven't driven it since May, miss driving something fun! Got Nurburgring and Spa in 3 week.

You got a thread for this?