ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race Base EK9 "Progress thread"

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Thought i'd make one of these as i've started doing a few bits and bobs to the ol' 9.

First thing I had to do was replace the "Red" H's on the front and rear as 11 years had taken their toll on the originals..

Old.

IMG_3379.jpg

New..
(sorry not got a proper close up)

IMG_3776.jpg

Next was a Broadway style mirror, most people get them to erradicate blind spots, but they've become a "must have" in the JDM world..

IMG_3791.jpg

Also got a new air filter as the J's racing induction kit was starting to get a bit worn, but no new picture!

also have this little goody in the boot...

IMG_3786.jpg

Gave the car a b**chin clean today as I won't be driving it til the end of november, paintwork still scrubs up OK considering the car was made in 1999 and I dont have a clue on how to detail properly!

IMG_3771.jpg

Check my massive hose.

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3785.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

Next on the list: Clear side repeaters, carbon spoiler and wing mirrors!

Thanks for looking.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Not got any just now i'm afraid and not going to be able to get anymore for another week or so as i'm away with work!!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
15" Rotard slipstreams! However I fancy a set of BBS RS's come november time when i'm driving it again!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Pitty its gonny miss the. Summer pal. I'll give you my address and you can bluey me :D

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
LOL yeah man, but don't worry i'll have e-mail that i'll use to keep in touch innit, and every now and then probably be able to get on the ol' facebook!

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Do I see this car at work? Glasgow way? If it's not yours, it must be a very similar plate!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Something inside me actually loves it more than Dolan yo's RS.

Why does the basicness put me off! :(

I love it!

Miss your face!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The basicness puts you off because you're a gay.

The more hardcore the better.

Needs red Pole Positions and an NSX-R wheel though! Get on it! ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The basicness puts you off because you're a gay.

The more hardcore the better.

Needs red Pole Positions and an NSX-R wheel though! Get on it! ;)
I think you're right. :(

People could confuse you with me and therefore you are also gay.

I agree keep the orange repeaters.

Can you straighten the plate at the front up?

The sound is orgasmic!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I can vouch personally that i have never, ever been in a FWD car that goes round corners like this, and ive been in a few hot/rapid motors over the years.

Its looking stunning mate, when did you get that private plate ya pervert?x

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
He had it at the meat ya perverted spooner.

I love it, Dean's was sc'd wasn't it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
185bhp standard in a car like that is ridiculous!

sc'd that's just plain silly! :eek:

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Cheers for the comments guys.

Gally, the plate is on straight, was thinking that myself when I looked at the pictures, looks a bit off but it's on straight..Miss your face also!

Danny, had the plate since last year, just took a few weeks to get it off the fn2 and onto the ek9, courtesy of my awesome Mrs!!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Any pictures of the drivers seat mate?

You fit it?

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
IMG_3787.jpg

I didn't fit it mate no, gonna get another one though for the passenger, not cheap though! Have another pic from the side in my original thread on the car mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, Recaros own all other seats.

I love it.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Been a while since i've put some more update pictures, for those that are interested, not gone into depth QUITE as much as Henry/Firas, but my EK has wanted for next to nothing, so everything that's been done is purely me being an idiot and spending money on it, plus I like pic whoring...

Anyway, some s**te I got for it not too long ago....

11.jpg

Blox, seem to be getting mixed reviews from various people online, but from what I can gather it's pretty much the exact same products as Skunk2, anyway, those are forged aluminum wheel nuts...

10.jpg

J's Racing intake off.. This thing is huge, as you can see from the size of my hand next to it, but it's only good during cold weather, at the minute with this heat we're getting, it's suffering from heat soak REALLY badly... So standard airbox is back in, with..

12.jpg

Pic of the wheel nuts against the black rotards.

5.jpg

Rear Lower tie bar (cheers Henry ;) )

6.jpg

Car fitted with new brakes a few weeks back, Accord Type R Discs, project Mu pads, these things can STOP a sub 1000kg car quite easily..

8.jpg

And my new favourite part...

CF EK9 Spoiler..

4.jpg

these pics are just me whoring after a good clean =]

7.jpg

3.jpg

Also smoothed of the number plate recess too, normally has two little "pins/brackets" sticking up for the plate to sit in, along with some weird holes at the top and behind the plate, assuming it was for jap plates to sit in... looks much cleaner now IMO.

2.jpg

9.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
f**king love the car you sexy marine core spooner!

That org sticker is s**t though!

First refusal to me when selling! ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome.

Yeah, the little plate retainers are for the Japanese plates to sit in, since they're only fixed at the top.