ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raceland Coilover Supplier ....

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I have just had my coilovers sent to me from seller on ebay.Took 3 days to get them.

Thread revival. Yep, was told last year by the ebay seller they were only ever unavailable to UK buyers who also advised that the yarn about them stopping manufacturing & supplying them in RS fitment was untrue. According to the ebay supplier, it was a territorial dispute where 'brand - X' UK seller/importer had cried about people getting a fair deal. I suppose if you were cynical, you could speculate that this was in an effort to maintain sales of a 'similar' product at an extortionately inflated rate. Who knows.

It makes you wonder if it was 'brand-X' supplier that also scuppered the cheap prices on the goodridge hoses. It really wouldn't surprise me tbqfh. :nono:

172,scenic, trafic
there was a listing for rokker coilies for 172 cup on ebay but cant find it now. there is raceland listings for 54 and 58 mm. which is the cup spacing and are they any good?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
that probably came out more venomous than intended. I dislike them that much lol
Running on Eibachs on my Clio. Technically its not running at all as the car wont start but then being french half the electrics seem to have fried so I've pushed it to the back of the unit and it can stay there until next year as I dont have time for it.
AST's are nice but there are better road kits like the KW V2 especially if you drive country roads like me.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Thread revival. Yep, was told last year by the ebay seller they were only ever unavailable to UK buyers who also advised that the yarn about them stopping manufacturing & supplying them in RS fitment was untrue. According to the ebay supplier, it was a territorial dispute where 'brand - X' UK seller/importer had cried about people getting a fair deal. I suppose if you were cynical, you could speculate that this was in an effort to maintain sales of a 'similar' product at an extortionately inflated rate. Who knows.

It makes you wonder if it was 'brand-X' supplier that also scuppered the cheap prices on the goodridge hoses. It really wouldn't surprise me tbqfh. :nono:

There are certain ebay shops massively discounting the products well below rrp when they really dont need to. There was talk of certainly Raceland having dealers in certain territories so there would be better price control but that was ages ago. Its good for the customers until they have a warranty issue I guess when they find theres no customer support in the uk.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
that probably came out more venomous than intended. I dislike them that much lol
Running on Eibachs on my Clio. Technically its not running at all as the car wont start but then being french half the electrics seem to have fried so I've pushed it to the back of the unit and it can stay there until next year as I dont have time for it.
AST's are nice but there are better road kits like the KW V2 especially if you drive country roads like me.

Fair one Kev, seemingly much the same as tyres-you get what you pay for. That said, suppose you've got to take into account that not everyone's in position for the higher end kit. Be interested to see how a car with the KWs compares, you not get on with the ASTs even with the softer spring set? Thought they've felt pretty good for general use even in the recent spate of heavy rain we've had. That said, similarly to what KW suggest with stickier rubber be interested to see how upping the front rates helps out.

S**tter about the electrical issues mate, is that your daily or the track car?

There are certain ebay shops massively discounting the products well below rrp when they really dont need to. There was talk of certainly Raceland having dealers in certain territories so there would be better price control but that was ages ago. Its good for the customers until they have a warranty issue I guess when they find theres no customer support in the uk.

I asked the guy the question directly as I was weighing up getting some to try along with the ASTs last year. He said he'd been stopped from selling to the UK as another supplier had requested it to protect sales on their stock. I can see your perspective as a seller on the rrp baseline, but surely some competition ultimately leads to a healthier dynamic in the marketplace? :p

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
healthier dynamic lol. I like that :D It certainly does not benefit me. In a way it does not help the customer as they then see cheap coilovers and question why they should buy a kit selling at twice the price. The perception of value for money is frustrating. I do wonder why people buy a top of the range renault sport then slap cheap suspension on it. Its kind of ironic. Make your car handle like a 1.1..

The AST's are nice but i'm getting rather fond of comfort in road cars so the KW's work that little better on the road. If venturing on track regularly then i'd have the AST's for definite. In a way they cover two ends of the spectrum with a little overlap in the middle

The car was my daily but as I cycle to work now its not so important. I might fix to sell, or just break it as I see ph1's going for under a grand!

Megane RS 250
I wonder how the KW2 compares to a Eibach sportline+Koni adjustable dampers setup.
I'm running the second one and I'm finding it spot on, I had to try different stiffness setup but right now it feels stiffer than standard but not so much that you scream in pain on broken tarmac (I have a bad back, I had a disc herniation 3 years ago) and it's awesome in the corner, especially in the fast ones when the standard setup was wobbly and felt unsafe.
The car could go a bit lower for looks but that doesn't really matter.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
28/4/2010:

Guys,

Just to keep you updated regarding the Raceland stock situation. When we purchased the remaining stock of Raceland Coilovers, we did so knowing that they would not be putting more into production. The Clio B RS (1*2) is only a really big seller in the UK, even compared to France!

Raceland were more than happy for us to take their remaining stock as they were only selling very small quantities in comparison to their other offerings, VW and Peugeot/Citroen being their largest range.

Raceland have no intention of producing any more kits, they have confirmed this to us.

I must assure the membership, this is not a conspiracy, this is a supplier who has stopped producing a product. We made very clear we would have limited stocks of these items, did a group buy and sold the balance through the website. We regret we are unable to offer this kit anymore, but we will be getting our KTR Coilover kits back into stock within the coming weeks.

Sean.

16/9/2011:

I must assure the membership, this is not a conspiracy, as of the time of posting these coilovers are still available. Raceland Clio B 2.0 16v kit on ebay currently £189, inclusive of VAT with free delivery.

See here to verify.

racelandcoiloverswithou.jpg

Ph2 Clio 172
So, I get these kits are cheap, but how good are they? Are they better than stock suspension, and better than what I was thinking of which is stock shocks and Sportline springs? Specifically for track use?

At £189 they cost about the same as a set of Sportlines and a set of camber bolts.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Just to let anyone know, If you send an offer of £160 on these to the seller they will accept.

This surely can't be the case. Earlier today KTec assured the forum that these can't be had for any less than £248.40 delivered yet that's 35% cheaper! :eek:

K-Tec Racing Limited have bulk purchased a quantity of end of line Coil Over kits from the well known Belgian company Raceland.

We have sold this kit in the past and experienced an exceptionally low warranty rate so we are able to offer this kit with confidence.

The supply of this kit is limited in quantity at a price that cannot be beaten! Get yours quick!

There must be some kind of mistake? :quiet:

So, I get these kits are cheap, but how good are they? Are they better than stock suspension, and better than what I was thinking of which is stock shocks and Sportline springs? Specifically for track use?

At £189 they cost about the same as a set of Sportlines and a set of camber bolts.

Personally i'd go with the eibachs, but that said I don't really get the fascination with 'l0wz'. For trackdays I bought ASTs but am perfectly happy with the comfy std dampers w/eibachs on the road.

Last edited:
  172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I believe there is a company manufacturing these kits who sells to multiple companies like raceland, gmax, jamex etc. who then stick their badge on. Its very possible Raceland stopped buying them but others continue..

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I believe there is a company manufacturing these kits who sells to multiple companies like raceland, gmax, jamex etc. who then stick their badge on. Its very possible Raceland stopped buying them but others continue..

This sounds highly plausible Kev. Any more thoughts on fixing your ph1 up or is it still languishing in the back of the workshop?

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I dont really have any time to work on cars so I doubt it will see light of day until the winter has passed. Work takes up all my time at the moment. Lots of products need to be added to survive the recession..

Ph2 Clio 172
Personally i'd go with the eibachs, but that said I don't really get the fascination with 'l0wz'. For trackdays I bought ASTs but am perfectly happy with the comfy std dampers w/eibachs on the road.

Im not after lows, I'm after front camber and stiffer springs.

So considering these are roughly the same price, what would people recommend for casual track day use: Standard shocks, Eibach Sportlines and camber bolts, or Raceland coilovers. Comparisons ONLY between those too. I know these are not as good as other more expensive coilovers, but I'm only interested in how they compare to the standard shocks.

If the Racelands are as good as the standard shocks/Eibach combination then the way I see it a few extra mm lows can be had for free.