ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue 172 : 2010 Track day Photos

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Croft 31st May 2010 - Open Pit

clio.jpg

4658424745_1ca82ec92f_b.jpg

4658388743_2e1f38c2ba_b.jpg

4658208973_7b90ea4152_b.jpg

4658670966_c8691728a7_b.jpg

4658642310_ef0ea941c1_b.jpg

4657456887_bb590d30a7_b.jpg

4657981638_05d0226061_b.jpg

P5312831.jpg

P5312894.jpg

P5313029.jpg

P5312832.jpg

30923_401765587286_517737286_3968312_7166460_n.jpg

photo14-vi.jpg

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Looks great!

How did if fair again some of the 'bigger' cars? Sure this is ITB'd?

Past most, the only thing i had trouble against mainly was a couple of very fast caterhams and an Atom.

The most annoying thing during the day was the Ginnetta Juniors who wouldnt let you past for a good couple of laps :(

edit: oh and i forgot the BMW race car which was very fast

R26
Past most, the only thing i had trouble against mainly was a couple of very fast caterhams and an Atom.

The most annoying thing during the day was the Ginnetta Juniors who wouldnt let you past for a good couple of laps :(

edit: oh and i forgot the BMW race car which was very fast

Sounds spot on - must be good to get out there after all the work you put into it :)

What sort of bhp/ton is it running dude?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Sounds spot on - must be good to get out there after all the work you put into it :)

What sort of bhp/ton is it running dude?

yeah was fun :)

Currently with its standard engine its 202bhp and probably around 930kg so only 220bhp/ton. Is downfall is its straightline speed tbh. With its new engine it will be approx 240bhp at 930kg so 262bhp/ton :evil:

Carl

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Love it mate, what suspension set up is it running?

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Funny you should mention that.

Its running AST coilovers with re-valved rear shocks with stiffer springs.

But....it now requires the front re-valving and re-building after Bazzon managed to spin out on the esses and the front passenger side has given up.

Carl

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
great photos. Thanks for sharing

What difference did you find the diff made. Were you having alot of probs with traction?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
great photos. Thanks for sharing

What difference did you find the diff made. Were you having alot of probs with traction?

Diff is probably the best bit about the car imo.

The difference is staggering and you really notice it on track. I actually get a lot of people comming over commenting asking if i have a diff fitted due to how well it pulls out of corners.

Carl

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Hi mate

It was me that came over to you when you were fitting your wheels back on your car after your little excursion through the field yesterday! LOL!

Dont worry you werent the only Clio that came off yesterday....I had a little glancing blow with the tyre wall just after tower - but that was my own fault as I still had my slicks on when it was getting damp.....I just couldnt catch it in time!

Porkie - I've got a Gripper plated diff in mine mate, and apart from the dodgy noises it makes I have to agree with Barron - its made a massive difference to mine on track too - the speed & grip through corners is absolutely phenomenal and puts alot of other high powered cars to shame.

Cheers

Lee

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Hi mate

It was me that came over to you when you were fitting your wheels back on your car after your little excursion through the field yesterday! LOL!

Dont worry you werent the only Clio that came off yesterday....I had a little glancing blow with the tyre wall just after tower - but that was my own fault as I still had my slicks on when it was getting damp.....I just couldnt catch it in time!

Porkie - I've got a Gripper plated diff in mine mate, and apart from the dodgy noises it makes I have to agree with Barron - its made a massive difference to mine on track too - the speed & grip through corners is absolutely phenomenal and puts alot of other high powered cars to shame.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

That was Bazzon who went into the field aswell as him fitting the wheels (i made him for crashing :lolup:)

Any damage to your car mate?

Its a shame we werent out on track at the same time, would have been nice to have a play :D I had an epic session against a couple of evo's who were very impressed with the Clio.

Carl

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Hi Lee,

That was Bazzon who went into the field aswell as him fitting the wheels (i made him for crashing :lolup:)

Any damage to your car mate?

Its a shame we werent out on track at the same time, would have been nice to have a play :D I had an epic session against a couple of evo's who were very impressed with the Clio.

Carl

LOL......only a scuff on the rear bumper....nothing wrong with the odd battlescar though...adds character.

I think I did get out in one of your sessions as I was doing charity rides but there was about half a lap between us so we didnt get close.

I've got some incar footage that I'm uploading & some pics too - will post em on here.

I lost count of the number of people that came up to me & asked what it was engine wise etc as they reckonned I was one of the quickest out there all weekend both wet & dry.

Lee

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
LOL......only a scuff on the rear bumper....nothing wrong with the odd battlescar though...adds character.

I think I did get out in one of your sessions as I was doing charity rides but there was about half a lap between us so we didnt get close.

I've got some incar footage that I'm uploading & some pics too - will post em on here.

I lost count of the number of people that came up to me & asked what it was engine wise etc as they reckonned I was one of the quickest out there all weekend both wet & dry.

Lee

:lolup::lolup::lolup: we had 1.2 badges on the side aswell, didnt help as we got some right random looks haha

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Lol.....theres a plan....might get some DCI badges for mine for the next track day!!!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
i tried to get a sneaky pic of the RB covered in seeds :rasp: thought it was a bit harsh though, hope the car is ok

Lee - your car seemed very very quick, good work and clearly a well set up car

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i tried to get a sneaky pic of the RB covered in seeds :rasp: thought it was a bit harsh though, hope the car is ok

Lee - your car seemed very very quick, good work and clearly a well set up car

LOL you werent the only one :lolup: we had a bit of a crowd in the end. Nothing funnier than a bright blue clio covered in yellow flowers haha