ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racing Stripes....YES or NO??

Racing stripes

• yes

Votes: 610 45.0%
  • no

Votes: 746 55.0%

• Total voters
  133/225/CLS AMG
Right here's the question.

My gf has the 182 Cup (pic below) and is in two minds about the racing stripes. She's worried that they draw a bit too much attention to the car and is kinda worried about someone damaging it, so wondered whether she should take the stripes off.

My argument is that its a racing blue 182, its never gonna be that subtle anyway!!! Also it looks pretty cool and unique with the stripes and I'm not sure of the state of the paint work under them either.

Opinion please :D

Photo-0104.gif

People have commented about the 'go faster' stripes but the fact that its based on this look, I reckon is pretty cool!!!
gordini.jpg

Focus ST
I'm of the opinion that they are cool/awesome and should be kept.

But yes sadly in this world things like these stripes will draw more attention to the car. At the end of the day though, if its going to get damaged, its going to get damaged.

106 GTi
Keep them - looks spot on, for some reason they just seem to look better with.

In that colour it's never going to subtle with or without.

LY V6 with Recaros
I like them, though I don't think I'd want them on my own, not because I prefer it without, I just can't be bothered with people commenting on them who don't know what they're talking about!

133/225/CLS AMG
Deb you're totally right!!! People do say things when they don't know what they mean.

Some bint in my missus office goes 'oooh look go faster stripes'!! So my gf explained but it doesn't go in lol, this does come from the owner of a Z4 2.0ltr so I'd treat her opinions with extreme suspicion.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I think you should keep them, they look great.

Your GF's colleague drives a 2.0L Z4, so obviously doesn't know what she's talking about!

133/225/CLS AMG
Matt78 said:
Your GF's colleague drives a 2.0L Z4, so obviously doesn't know what she's talking about!

My point exactly!!! I looked at those Z4s when I heard she was buying one and thought 'Why did she bother with the 2.0ltr???'. The 2.5 is much better, anyway back to the stripes..........................

Scirocco GT 210
AlexJMills said:
Is that a no to removing them or a no to keeping them??? haha

Urgh, no as in don't keep them, remove them.

The history behind them is all good and nice, but it's still just a clio and the public is going to see it as a 'chav' mod.

As already mentioned, it may attract unwanted attention.

Mini Cooper S sport
I wouldn't take them off if my car had come with them, but I prefer mine without. They would draw too much attention to it..

172 Cup
if it was mine and i aquired a racing blue with stripes, i would keep them. A chav car would be the fiesta st with all them chav stripes along the sides of the car. plus u will create more work for yourself if the paintwork has faded and under the stripes havent. Any other colour a no no!!

133/225/CLS AMG
Anyone got a pic I can send her of a racing blue one without the stripes???

Munday - you would say that haha, but good call anyway!! lol

Renault Clio1.2Versailles
i like the racing stripes and they look pretty cool with the blue!!
if your car gets damaged as a result of some jealous little c*nt well, thats what insurance is for!

Black Twingo GT
I bought my Racing blue cup in February (exactly the same as this), it had stripes on the forecourt, I had them taken off because they look chav. Most people would think they were aftermarket Viper stripes.

Remember if you choose to take them off in a few years of bright sunlight you'll end up with dark stripes over your car....nice.

Dan

LY V6 with Recaros
That's why I didn't wan't them, I personally don't think they are chav, I really like them, but I know I'll get everyone else saying they look chav, and I know it doesn't matter what other people think, but still...

LY V6 with Recaros
Yeah I was going to, I still haven't got round to doing anything about it though..