ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radio display and heater lights dont dim or work

clio 1.5 dci estate
hey guys Darren here need some help just swapped over my heater controls this morning in my Clio estate connected everything back up to where it all go's back OK turned on the ignition to check the heater works OK then the bulbs went out so i swapped the new controls back for old ones but lights on my ones don't work neither and the radio display don't seem to dim with radio when you turn the side lights on now so if anyone else has had this happen or has any ideas inbox me or on here

BMW M4; S1000 RR
fuse has probably gone for the dimming function.
A fuse for a dimmer?? Pardon my ignorance but is that even a thing.

Sounds much more plausible that there's a bad earth somewhere, or a perhaps the light circuit goes through the heater controls and has been shorted/broken somewhere.

clio 1.5 dci estate
@Jeff simply i changed over heating controls from my not so working set a second hand one with all the same bits on it such as a/c rear window heater while i had the front cover off the heater control plugged the main wiring back in turned the ignition on only the dash lite up lights where all working until i moved the control then the lights shorted out so when you turn on the side lights the stereo dims but the radio clock display don't now

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Pretty sure there is a fuse although the diagram may not be stored in my brain correctly. It dims but supplying 12v to one of the pins when the sidelights are turned on. No 12v, no dimming. Worth a check definitely

clio 1.5 dci estate
hey guys i managed to sort out the problem it turns out to be the 10 amp fuse for the drivers side front and back sidelights fuse witch had blown and knocked out the heater lights and radio clock display so i changed over the fuse so ive not both front and back driver side sidelights working