ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radio reception gone shocking after installing OE headunit

Clio 197
I swear it was gradually getting worse in the days leading up to me refitting an OE head unit however once refitting I can no longer get any signal most of the time, when I do its intermittent. After reading on here I took this as being the aerial base so I fitted a OE replacement base from Renault and its still the same .. Any ideas?

Logically I am thinking its down to a 9 year old head unit but before I shell out on a new one, is there anything else to try? I have confirmed the aerial is OK as I disconnected it when stationary and the reception went completely - very frustrating!

Clio 197
Fitted a new head unit (was needed anyway) and the reception is non existent.

When replacing the aerial the connection was nice and tight , however the one going to the rear of the HU doesn't feel the snuggest fit, any ideas ?

Weird how it was working fine before I started swapping head units !

Clio 197
Replaced the aerial adaptor with a better quality one , better fit but the radio is still non existent! And worse than before I replaced the aerial base, checked the connection from the base to the aerial lead and that seems solid .... Only thing I can think is to replace the last section of aerial lead which connects to the rear of the HU, is this just routed along the will cover ?