ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rammed in the arse by a 16ton lorry!

340i
I was sat at a set of traffic lights yesterday with about 10 cars in front of me, stationary handbrake on... then BANG!

Some t**t in a 16ton lorry piled into the back of me which shunted me into a brand new vectra!

The bloke wasnt even bothered got out and said "ooh weve had a bump"

DSC00198.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00199.jpg

Look at the ripple down the side of the car FFS!

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
on a serious note, hope your ok dude. i got hit last week by sumone from behind. theres NOTHING more annoying.

340i
I am so pissed off guys the bloke on the lorry wasnt even bothered!

His company insurance will sort it all out i bet..

FOR SALE!!!
unlucky but ya his company will work it all out ya car was looking nice if you but it back to strip ill have ya wheels ;)

Audi TT 225
Gutting fella, be greatful you weren't seriously hurt it could have been a lot worse.
Why would he be worried... probably not his lorry anyway :(
I fricken hate lorrys...

340i
Yeh the lorry wont be his, he works for a haulage company...

My neck is killg me, majour whip lash and ive pulled a muscle in my shoulder!

bin on the fone to insurers for 3hrs total today just sorted a cover car out

Ive been told i need to get 2 independant quotes on the repair bill for my car until then the insurance ppl cant do a thing apparantly? but i know the car will be a write off?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
Yeh the lorry wont be his, he works for a haulage company...

My neck is killg me, majour whip lash and ive pulled a muscle in my shoulder!

bin on the fone to insurers for 3hrs total today just sorted a cover car out

Ive been told i need to get 2 independant quotes on the repair bill for my car until then the insurance ppl cant do a thing apparantly? but i know the car will be a write off?

yeah i had to get quotes like that. I eventually had to go yesterday and get a quote from the garage the insurer of the guy that hit me uses, because hes the one having to make a claim.

I think they just need photo evidence and have it written on paper that its a write off, rather than you just telling them kinda thing?

you could possibly get somesort of compensation for your injury though. cause that sucks.

ps. when it comes to it, if you want to sell your wheels first dibs!

182BG
thats a shitter mate, put in a claim for whip lash, you might get something in a years time (which would be nice) :)

i remember when i got hit by an Artic, was so pissed off, because the guy was an unisured imigrant grrrrrrrrrrr

Glad your ok, hope it gets sorted

RenaultSport 197
Sorry to hear you got shafted a good un' mate, I know exactly how you feel. Shame, looked like a really nice motor you had. More stupid drivers on the road these days then ever!

LY V6 with Recaros
Oh no, sorry to hear that :( I never trust lorries. Hope you get it sorted, and glad you are ok :)

340i
glad your ok, good luck with the claim.

What road was it on mate, because iam from derby?

Steve

The crash happened in Alfreton.. on Derby road acutally!

If you go down the A38 its the first Alfreton turn off you come to then first exit on the roundabout.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ouch, real shame, good your ok apart from the whiplash though....

My mate was on a bus early last year, just him and his friend, (rural area) and got hit by a guy in a company van, they both got minor whiplash and were both awarded 4k compensation, which has just come through.

Go for the compensation!

Clio 197
He's not a propper lorry driver anyway, if he drove an artic like me he'll know that he needs to leave his breaking distance with 44 ton on . People in cars do brake a bit too hard sometimes when there's a big truck behind though and people need to bare in mind that it take more to stop 44 ton than a clio

For those that don't know to work out your braking distance for any vehicle is you count from a fixed point on the road just as the vehicle in front has gone past, it's 2 seconds in the dry, 4 seconds in the wet and anything up to 6 times what it is in the dry in the ice

Better than yours. C*nt.
He's not a propper lorry driver anyway, if he drove an artic like me he'll know that he needs to leave his breaking distance with 44 ton on . People in cars do brake a bit too hard sometimes when there's a big truck behind though and people need to bare in mind that it take more to stop 44 ton than a clio

For those that don't know to work out your braking distance for any vehicle is you count from a fixed point on the road just as the vehicle in front has gone past, it's 2 seconds in the dry, 4 seconds in the wet and anything up to 6 times what it is in the dry in the ice

Lorry driver can see clean over the top of the clio at the stationary line of cars anyway...