ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random find

Ph2 172 Iceberg
Having just recently bought my 172, I plan to give the car a service on the weekend (oil, filters etc).

Last night after work I was making myself familiar with the engine layout and running things through in my head about how I was going to do the service.

Looking down between the air filter box and battery I notice something that is just randomly lodged in place!

Can you see it?

Spark-Plug-01_zpsed8168fd.jpg

Can you see it now?!

Spark-Plug-02_zpsc097a369.jpg

So it looks like the previous owner/garage has dropped a spark plug and couldn't be bothered to get it out.

Random topic I know but has anybody else found any odd or random things left by previous owners in there 1*2s?

According to some of my colleagues the women were dirty but I'm married :eek:.

The underwear I recall had a snail trail in them and I think were discarded during a tender moment parked on a dark country lane lol.

Clio 172
According to some of my colleagues the women were dirty but I'm married :eek:.

The underwear I recall had a snail trail in them and I think were discarded during a tender moment parked on a dark country lane lol.

:dead:

I found £50 in notes in the ash tray of a previous car I bought. Being the nice guy I am I text the chap i got it off to forward it onto him, and I got a reply saying keep it! That was good of him! :) haha

Jack

CursedTitanium 182FF
I found a hand full of 5" screws behind the ns/r door card, some q tips under the scuttle panel, a 50 cent cd in the pocket in the back of the passenger seat & a halfords led work light under the drivers seat.

In the current 182, somebody had obviously spilt a tub of those gold drawing pins down the back of the rear seats. There were about a hundred of them, all stuck to the foam on the base of the rear seats, took ages to get them all out!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Wood - 3x3 to be exact behind a door card on a Volvo 480. Was holding up the window and the owner was told it was just the window switch lmao,

Mental.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
As said before my mates found a little bag of cocaine before ! There's a bit of cloth between the battery and ECU in my bay for no reason ?! I'm a bit scared it's got bogies on it :dead:

big boost cup
The donor Monaco I bought last year had some interesting s**t in it
3 bottles of vodka. Roll of aux cable. Jump leads. Family planning books and condoms:S
About 100 CDs full of some sort of jungle garage music on them. And a bag of lady's shoes in the boot

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I found a massive screwdriver jammed down the side of the airbox,
it was there for a over a year before I noticed, as it looked part of the car.

Dropped a alen key in my engine bay the other day. Can't work out where that went, so a nice surprise for the next owner.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Found a set of real Ray Ban glasses in my arctic blue (blue colour to match the car and everything)
Bought from a trader so stuck them straight on eBay and got £70 for them :)

Found them on the site and they where £150 new!!!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Was speaking to someone yesterday who found a crowbar lol.

Haven't really found anything scary yet, an iphone earbud in the old car and a felt bat shape stuck to some wet and dry in the new one.

Many.
Every car I've bought, I've found somehting. From fake fingernails, spanners, money (£20 stuffed down the side of the centre console in one car), weed, bad CD's.

Often finding stuff in Customers cars, found an umbrella hidden completely, customer had owned the car for a year without finding it. Loads of lighters stuffed down the side of a boot floor, Probably more.

clio 182 black /gold
Years ago my brother bought a 127 and in the boot was a broken pram and broken kids toys. Lazy woman. LOL.

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
any cars i bought i usually found a load of change stuffed down the back of the seat, but 1 car i found a jvc headunit lying in the boot, thought it was probably broke but tried it and still going today,3 years on!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
I didn't find anything other than some 3D glasses in mine but I remember a few years back my mate Luke found a hard, dead and smelly Royal Python in his 182!

Remember a few years back we was given a car to use whilst my mates was being fixed. Got lost trying to get back to the garage (long story)

We started looking in the pouches on the rear of the seats for an A to Z only to find a half house brick size of solid cannabis flol.

I was glad to get out that car.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Was doing a bit of work in the engine bay on my Audi and left a screwdriver next to the battery, shut the bonnet without knowing and around a month later opened the bonnet to fill the windscreen fluid up and to my surprise it was still there!

I'd totally forgotten about it but it was nice to have it again :)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
In my last car I found a memory stick that belonged to the previous owner on. It had lots of family photos and a few visas to Africa etc as apparently they were a doctor.

I found his address and number so called him to tell him I found this in the car and sent it back to him in the post.

He was so grateful (put my return address on just incase he fancied giving sending me £1000 as a nice gesture, especially with him being a doctor) but alas nothing came through but a nice thanking text which filled me with delicious joy and warmth.

In my last car I found a memory stick that belonged to the previous owner on. It had lots of family photos and a few visas to Africa etc as apparently they were a doctor.

I found his address and number so called him to tell him I found this in the car and sent it back to him in the post.

He was so grateful (put my return address on just incase he fancied giving sending me £1000 as a nice gesture, especially with him being a doctor) but alas nothing came through but a nice thanking text which filled me with delicious joy and warmth.
I skim read that and saw £1000, however upon closer reading, not the case lol