ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rare Racing Blue 197?

RB Clio 197
hi all,

I have owned my Clio for about 6 months now, and only just realized that it could be fairly rare, just want your guys input!

Its RB 197, recaros, white speedlines, trim, etc.. I have come across this though:

renault.jpg

Does Xenons + C/Lights mean Cornering lights? If so, are Cornering lights just the fog lights which only come on when turning corner?

If yes, then the one car fitted with it in Racing Blue would be mine!
Not much to brag about but I found it pretty interesting!

cheers.

RB Clio 197
Posted this on the 197.net FB page, turns out the "climate" package had Auto lights and C/Lights, and that xenons are an extra, so its not that rare unfortunately. Don't love my car any less though!

RB 182 195bhp
The cornering lights are in the headlights btw, not the fogs.

Yer like he the lights angle into the corner slightly.
Your thinking of the VAG system where the inside fog light comes on when you turn

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Iirc you could spec projector lights or xenons with built in cornering lights (none of the VAG w**ker fog light s**te). The xenons being identified by headlight washers

why would the climate pack have anything to do with headlights? Is that not just the digital climate control instead of the standard, manual air con?

pics of your car?

RB Clio 197
Yeah Im not sure about the climate control/ Climate pack. the lights that come on in the corners are the fog lights, dont have a picture with the lights on, but here she is: 1292858_10151728823702746_1424426150_o.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Could've been retro fitted.

Like the cornering fogs

was that the one with the carbon wrapped bonnet that was for sale for ages? Had everything but the cup chassis and looked mint

RB Clio 197
That's the one! Was for sale in Swindon, had it about 6 months now. It's a shame cause I kinda wanted the carbon bonnet. but they swapped it as it turned other people away!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That's the one! Was for sale in Swindon, had it about 6 months now. It's a shame cause I kinda wanted the carbon bonnet. but they swapped it as it turned other people away!

It was just a wrap wasn't it? Re wrap it?

i was trying to convince an acquaintance to buy it, but he ended up buying a silver one with no options whatsoever :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Needster had an RB197. Epic looking car. She had hers for a while.

SG boost'd 200
Aren't the cornering lights in the headlights and not in the fogs? As mine are Xenon and are in the headlights when you turn, they go with the steering angle.

If your foglights come on round corners then someone's messed with your wiring. It's the bulb on the outer side of the headlight bulb that comes on in corners as standard.

SG boost'd 200
If your foglights come on round corners then someone's messed with your wiring. It's the bulb on the outer side of the headlight bulb that comes on in corners as standard.

My thoughts exactly! But cornering lights were an option when ordering a car.