ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ratboys 172 Cup aka The Nut Cup

LY Megane R26 230
Just a quick welcome from me and who i am.

Im Ashley,27 and from Swansea,South Wales.

Those who know me,know i have a sicking disease which is french sh*tbox-itus.

It has been with me since passing my test at 18 and sadly i cannot shake it.Over the last few years ive been throwing too much time/money at 306's.A quick change to a BMW convertible made me bankrupt and feel dirty so i had to return to my true love,french s**t :clown:

Que a drunk late night purchase of a Clio 172 Cup off Ebay for the princley sum of £1800.Only problem is it was in Newcastle!!!!:eek: So after an 8 hour train journy i was back where i belonged!

Had the car 2 weeks and already started with the mods

First up is removel of the orange side repeaters or "bumble bees" as my niece calls them

Before
DSC00019-2.jpg

After
DSC00020-2.jpg

Next was a stubby aerial and a alloy footrest

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00058-1.jpg

Then bought a boot net to secure all the servicing items ive been collecting

DSC00057-1.jpg

And finally a "SPORT" badge as some little scrote had nicked it off the car under the previous owners ownership

DSC00062-1.jpg

This weeks spending has been some Eibach Sportlines

DSC00063-1.gif

Future plans are a cambelt and waterpump change,clutch change,full service and rear shocks plus removing this shocking anti-theft device

DSC00059.jpg

All comments welcome

Ash :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks really nice and clean. Aerial looks ace, where'd you get it please? And is the radio reception ok with it?
Some pikey (me) chopped mine and I can only get radio 1 now!! Lol

DCi 80 DieselSport
Did you sell CP53 NMM to someone on here?

There's a few of us with the Kidwelly CP53 plate kicking about....

LY Megane R26 230
that's really good !!

Thanks mate,loved that car
Did you sell CP53 NMM to someone on here?

There's a few of us with the Kidwelly CP53 plate kicking about....

CP53 NNM was owned by a mate and he sold it begining of the year to a forum member.

loving that gti 6 on the turinis and the power must have been such fun!

Was an Epic car and the power was immense :D

Thats the cleanest 306 Ive seen in a while! Just bought a 172 Cup myself, well chuffed with it!

Thanks mate,was a cracking car and i miss it like mad!Cup is a hoot though!

LY Megane R26 230
Another week and more money lavished on the Clio :rolleyes:

Theres not much history with the car and i cant see if the cambelts been done so ive bought a cambelt kit.
DSC00021-3.gif

Also the clutch is a bit high so another Ebay bargain to be fitted
DSC00022-3.gif

And some nice shiny brakelines to round things off
DSC00020-4.jpg

No more spending until payday now (next fri! :rofl:)

LY Megane R26 230
Well time for a small update.....

The cambelt has been changed by a mate and im glad i did have it done.

Was still on the original belt and tensioners which had done 85k.my mate said i was lucky as one of the original tensioners had a massive crack almost through the middle off it and ready to snap! :S

Had him to change the Aux belt and De-phaser while he was there and now runs alot smoother and quieter,also had the PAS pump changed as mine had started to whine something rotten.

Also been collecting a few shiny bits to help it breathe better :evil:

LY Megane R26 230
Well here's the latest pic of the car

292094_10150349622465861_673510860_9976282_2385522_n.jpg

FPOS!!!!:mad:

Time to hunt down a pedal/switch over the Bank Hols and get her fixed i guess.

BMW E36 328
Nice car. Great start tho. Shame about the last pic. Hope you get it sorted fairly soon.

ph1 track weapon
is that the accelerator switch? had mine go when i had it and lack of mechanical knowledge meant it cost me £400 back then!

BMW M135i
Clutches all bite high and do not fit a clutch other than a valeo oem one, you will live to regret it.

Whats wrong with it?

LY Megane R26 230
Clutches all bite high and do not fit a clutch other than a valeo oem one, you will live to regret it.

Whats wrong with it?

Any reason why you say this mate?

Well its managed to fix itself over the weekend ,i guess this is just the joys of owning a french car!:clown:

LY Megane R26 230
Time for an update:)

Carried a few mods out the Nut Cup since the last update-

First up was some nice silvervisions for the front and rear lights

Before
DSC00027-4.jpg

After
DSC00028-3.jpg

Also while doing the rears i moved the "Cup" badge off the door to the rear under the "Clio" badge

After
DSC00026-4.jpg

Ive had the car since june and managed to clock up 6k in the little french tin so it was service time.i've got no pics of he oil change as no one cares but fitted the right spark plugs and some uprated HT leads as the others were the 11 year old originals.
DSC00033-2.jpg

Also picked up a phase 1 airbox with ITG filter and swapped it over.fair paly it now has a lovely induction raw :evil:

DSC00032-3.jpg

Finally the tread the the front tyres of the Turinis was getting low so i decided it was a better idea to buy new alloys than get 2 tyres :rofl:

Picked up a set of 16'' Td pro race 1.2's with nearly new Toyo tyres for a barginous £165 quid!!! Not the best pic but you get the idea of what they look like.
DSC00034-3.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
As the observant have noticed that the roof is a different colour to the body.Also he did the side badges at the same time.....

A BIG thank you to my mate Adam Blacklock of http://www.cvgwrapping.com/ for his magical wrapping skills :clap:

So here's some nice up to date pics of the rattle box as she stands

DSC00061-1.jpg

DSC00060-1.jpg

And then a few weeks later i had him to do the bonnet for good measure

DSC00063-2.jpg

DSC00062-2.jpg

And better pics of the wheels fitted
DSC00056-1.jpg

DSC00058-2.jpg

DSC00059-1.jpg

LY Megane R26 230
Needs lows for those wheels, love roof not so much love for the bonnet though.

Ive just had my new standard cup shocks through today so hopefully i'll have a dry day to fit them over the weekend.As above bonnet isnt winning me over so will be removed,cheers for the comments guys

2014 Clio 200t edc
Do you feel a loss of power on acceleration with the airbox cut like that?
Nice car by the way, unsure on bonnet tho.

LY Megane R26 230
Well all those who didnt like the bonnet wrap,good news its gone!bad news how it happened.

Had an unexpected mod today.......Bonnet flew up and smashed the screen! :(

Luckily/unluckily im breaking another cup so ive got the bits i need to put it right but im losing the love for the car and am thinking of changing it in the new year for a diesel due to increased work mileage etc

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Tractor edition tyres, black wheels and black roof/bonnet cheapen the look of the car massively which is suprising considering your 306 was so so nice.

LY Megane R26 230
^^ agree ratboy what the hell you done this poor cup looks like a pikey mobile

Haha,well i really like the roof/spoiler so they are staying.

What size are the tyres dude? They look a little large, loving the car mind, look great!

205/50/16's,they were on the alloys when i bought them and were all Toyo's with good tread so thought i might aswell wear them down.

Tractor edition tyres, black wheels and black roof/bonnet cheapen the look of the car massively which is suprising considering your 306 was so so nice.

Daniel i can trust on you so say it how it is :rofl:

Alloys might be refinished in silver or i may look to get another set of turinis for it and the tractor tyres will shortly be no more.And thanks for the kind words about the 306,really miss it/them :(