ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle on idle

Fabia VRS
Ok my car feels like its falling apart at the moment!!:S Ive had a rattle on my exhaust for a few weeks now, only when on idle. i had a new centre box fitted by renault last november so obviously i took it back to them. They told me that the rear exhaust mount had corroded causing the noise that will be £75!!:dead: Not being to shy at tinkering i though i would just jack the car up see what mount it is and replace it, well did that this morning and found out that the mounts are rubber and look perfect!!! So checked around and all i could find was the spring bolts that hold the cat on were a bit loose so tightened them up a bit. All the heat shields looked fine and secure. I thought that must have been it but i'm wrong. Does anyone have any ideas? Only seems to do it when the engine is hot. And how tight can you do the spring bolts up?
Cheers:)