ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rattle rattle rattle from somewhere in the back/boot

Mazda MX5 1.8
ok i took the back seats out the other day (to transport a washing machine) and havent put the seats back in yet

on the way into work this morning there is a craaaazy rattle coming from the back/boot area! its caused by the exhaust (it isnt the exhaust) vibrating but cant for the life of me find out where its coming from!!

thinking about it i guess it might be the boot lid or the spare wheel?

its kind of a low rumble/rattle and its just bugging me........... (even more than the other rattles)

just wondered if anyone else has had it before and found out what it was?

Clio 182
I get something similar on my 182 mine appears to be coming from the rear left hand suspension, its more of a creak. I think mine might be the exhaust heat sheild but not sure!

Mazda MX5 1.8
yeah i read the thread on here about the heat sheild rattle and thought it might be that

sounds a bit like my exhaust has a hole in it - and yet it doesnt.......

i will have to investigate further this evening

Mazda MX5 1.8
what the f**k can it be? ive had the spare and tool kit out this evening and still it rattles

had a look at the heat sheild and nothings touching

driving me frickin mental!!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Did you take the washing machine out????

Had the same problem on my 182 found it to be the exhaust hanging bracket (where the exhaust goes through the rubber) there was a little play in it, so place some rubber bungs and zip tie them in place!