ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB Oxford (pulling into roman way next to MINI plant)

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Seen you a couple of days this week, I wasnt in mine either time though, had a CS sticker so guess your on here.

PH2 Flamer
Woman driver? Black wheels. If so she works here like me. Not a member though. Theres also a blue one with white stripes, quite a few in the car park.

Just seen a silver 172 pull in too reg was something like SIL 9904.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Woman driver? Black wheels. If so she works here like me. Not a member though. Theres also a blue one with white stripes, quite a few in the car park.

Just seen a silver 172 pull in too reg was something like SIL 9904.

I also work at the plant, drive the mini in most days though, but mine is probably the one you see with the white stripes. ;) seen your one parked in the car park also if its the one in the picture...

Car looks good, got recaros in it hasnt it? I was in a MINI most of times I see you and the days I actually drive the clio in I dont.. lol.

PH2 Flamer
Youve had yours a while havent you? On a private reg iirc? Stripes off centre.

Yeah the flamer you see is mine.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah had mine for over 3.5 years now I think... Yeah private reg and has the stripes. Dont drive it to work all that often so probably dont see it as much nowerdays.

Thought it was, looks nice. Where abouts you work in the plant?

RB 182
Car looks good, got recaros in it hasnt it? I was in a MINI most of times I see you and the days I actually drive the clio in I dont.. lol.[/QUOTE]

Yer the recaros were already in it when i brought the car :) only had it about 6 months. I had a monaco blue 172 before with black wheels, you might of seen that before as i also used to drive that into work most days.

PH2 Flamer
Yeah had mine for over 3.5 years now I think... Yeah private reg and has the stripes. Dont drive it to work all that often so probably dont see it as much nowerdays.

Thought it was, looks nice. Where abouts you work in the plant?

Work in assembly, electrical/trim reworker at the end of line 60. You?

PH2 Flamer
I remember your old blue clio, wasnt aware it was a 172 at the time. Was a nice car. Think i normally see it parked up down by dominos in abingdon too.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Yer the recaros were already in it when i brought the car :) only had it about 6 months. I had a monaco blue 172 before with black wheels, you might of seen that before as i also used to drive that into work most days.

Ah yeah I did see the monaco one about too, you upgraded to the best colour ;)

Work in assembly, electrical/trim reworker at the end of line 60. You?

Ah right I work in programme planning so you probably have my old boss now (Greg) ;)

PH2 Flamer
Greg? My boss is lewis porter. Dont no a greg.

In the QEC? Easy life aye! Lol. I spent a few months of my apprentiship in TO-510. Launch control i think it was.

What do you do annie?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Greg? My boss is lewis porter. Dont no a greg.

In the QEC? Easy life aye! Lol. I spent a few months of my apprentiship in TO-510. Launch control i think it was.

What do you do annie?

Ah think Greg Denton is TO-43 actually, not in QEC I'm in the building at the front with the MINI on the roof. I did my apprenticeship here too and did most of it in TO-5, then got stitched for a job card at the end so had to find another..I got lucky really.

PH2 Flamer
Think every apprentice gets stitched up. Unless thet do maintenance. I was bound for qec, then it was show bay and then it was mechanical. Then at the very last minute i was thrown onto electrical down in production. Training advisor was a waste of space.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds just like mine was probably the same one... ;) did he have an italian sounding name by any chance ;) You did the motor vehicle apprenticeship then same as I did..

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had Eric in my last year which was lucky as he basically found me this job I have now. Rob was just a complete goat.

RB 182
Haha sounds like everyones apprenticeship was pretty much a joke just like mine. Gave up on Rob and just focused on myself and luckily managed to get a job in the QEC. Yer i loved the monaco but the mileage was getting pretty high so it was either sell it whilst it was still worth something or keep it and probably have to end up breaking it to make it worth anything, so it had to go :) love the RB colour and i managed to get a pretty good deal because when i brought it on just under 50,000 miles the cambelt had never been done so the guy knocked of £500 straight away thinking that i would have to take it to a garage, but luckily the bf is a mechanic so didnt cost me anything :)
I live on ock street thats probably why you have seen my car near dominoes :)

Either of you had any problems with your clio's?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I bought mine with just 28k on the clock :p now has 59k so not too bad. Not really had problems with it just replacement of wear and tear parts - although I can imagine mine looks a lot more ropey than most mainly because it just gets abused rather than cleaned lol :)

RB 182
im currently in the final year of doing a degree atm so dont really have that much free time so the car has been pretty much neglected for a while, but i actually spent almost all day sunday cleaning it and i even clayed it, so it looks pretty good atm, although in this weather it wont last :(
Have you got any mod's on your car?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
Got quite a few mods, not as many as it use to have as I had an RS2 fitted at one point but sold it on.

I have Spax RSX coilovers, Pure motorsport top mounts, whiteline RARB, 2118 wheels, and then the usual lol. Got a Yozza exhaust to fit this week but just waiting for a gasket to come. Then hoping to get rear cage and bucket seats before xmas... what about yours? (I know you have recaros ;))

PH2 Flamer
Had few issues, mainly with the hesting. Resistor packs and blower motor etc. Apart from that its been sweet.

Few knocks in the suspension. Top mounts are shot and its on ktr coilovers so not the best.

Mods are coilovers, prospeed and decat. Sabelt steering wheel, black turini wheels. Carbon fibre splitter, fog suround and bullets. And autocrash engine cover and inlet mani. Looks spot on. Cup spoiler. V6 airbox with samco inlet hose. On the hunt for rear strut and some decent coilovers atm.

RB 182
haha mine sounds pathetic compared to both of yours. I had V-maxx coilovers on my 172 but the ride was so hard and it used to knock quite a bit, so this one is just lowered on eibach springs and the only other mod is the scorpian exhaust and fabia splitter :( hopefully when i have bit more time after this degree i will spend a bit more time on it! I want a set of Turini's, but most of the ones for sale all need a re-furb and i just havent got the time to get them done at the moment.

PH2 Flamer
oh really, i was going to get a set of vmaxx coilovers (i no they arent considered that good compared to others, but they're better than ktecs). tbh i think anything will be better than whats on at the moment. they are quite old, and low. so probably worn out. if i ever fancy a change and sell my turnin's, ill let you no. doubtful though i love them. a bugger to clean mind.

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
The Spax I got on are good, I replaced my GAZ ones with them in the 519 group buy last year, they are pretty hard though which is ok on nice smooth roads but B roads are fun :p nowhere near as "crashy" as the GAZ though. :)

I've never had turinis, I'm 2118's for the win :)