ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-map and de-cat??

clio 172 cup (S7U OE)
Hello!! just wondered if having my 172 cup de-catted n remapped how much difference would it make and wheres best place to have it done.
cheers!
:D

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have found de-cat loose you low down the rev range, I did not like it. Remap is recommended but don't expect huge gains except for a better torque down the revs

Clio 182
slightly different scenario but ive just gone from a decat on my 182 to a sportscat and you notice the difference, decat feels for me so much more... free. its the only word i can use to describe it, it feels like its got a s**t more go, but can you deal with the noise?

Renaultsport Clio 172
I have done on the roll accel tests with other mates running decats and mine was faster, on the higher RPM's decats catch up but not worh, besides you are doing more harm than good to the environment anyway.

Wasn't a test of the RS192 scorpion exhaust that showed that power wise there was 1bhp in favor of a decat but lower torque lowdown. If insist get a sports one, or a 182 one, which are best