ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re-map

clio 172 sport
Hi all there is a place near me in hull that will remap my 172 for 200 quid and will take to 183 when all completly standared should I do it this weekend or is it best to wait untll I have got my decat and cat back system and my induction kit on or do's it not really matter?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
If they told you they will get that power they clearly have never had any clio sports on a rolling road. Gains will only be minimal too and if it's done badly you WILL lose power!

Black Clio GT
if its a generic map having the exhaust/filter after wont make much difference. personally wouldnt fit an induction kit, just a panel filter as most iks will loose you power or give flat spots.

chances of you getting 183 hp is practically none is i would be suprised if your car had over 160hp as it is now...
make sure they do a before and after power run and give you graphs!!

or take it to above, speak to paul he knows what hes doing......

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Reputation all the way when it comes to messing with your cars parameters. As already said, if they've told you your clio is gonna make 183hp with a map, that would be reason enough for me not to go there. Would save a bit more, not rush in, and have a trip over to Leeds IMO........

clio 172 sport
ah right oki so where do you people suggest i go for a map and what sort of money should i be looking at

PH1 172
I had a remap done on my 172, it has matched inlets decat, panel filter and that made 177 once finished. I though it was fast before the remap, different car now in general driving and when booting it. Go to RS Tuning in leeds cost me £346 but worth every penny and they know what there doin.

None
See Paul at RS Tuning in leeds, if you're going to get it done then have it done right first time :)........remember though power isn't everything, you'll feel more pull from lower rpm's but that will most likely be from an increase in torque rather than bhp and it's torque that the RS clio's seem to be lacking most.

Forget that quote you had about the increase in power for £200, never gonna happen :)