ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-Scheduled 200 Mile Trip of epic Northern Roads: Buttertubs, hartside, Tan Hill Etc

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Right guys, apologies for my last thread, for some reason my work computer pushes all my words together so it reads terrible.

I've had to push this back a little further as I'm actually going away this saturday ...DOH!

I'm going to do this back to the 24th September, that way we can get the numbers up, give the clio's there last propper run out before the Autumn truely sets in and the roads get greasy again. So my Proposal:

I'm going on a little journey of some of the best roads the north has to offer.

Setting off from durham services at around 8.00 am, heading up to hartside, grab a bacon sarnie at the cafe, head down to penrith, top up the fuel tank with V power at the local shell.

Then Head along the A66 for the Tan hill turn off, up to the Tan Hill Inn, have a drink then head off for the buttertubs pass.

We will then head back to the A1 via leyburn and richmond, back on the A1 at scotch corner.

If you enjoy driving then saturday will be a day to really enjoy your car, hopefully it will be a good day and if you've got a thumb print on your head I'm sure your lady will enjoy the views.

It's around 200 miles for the round trip so it will probably cost you around £45 for 3/4 tank and a few quid for drinks/food

If anyone wants to join us they can do, just let me know below and we'll hang on at the services for you.

MAIN DETAILS:
Durham Servies at 8.00 am on Saturday 24th September
Head to Hartside
From Hartside down the mountain to Penrith
Penrith Shell station to Tan Hill Inn
Tan Hill to buttertubs pass, returning home via Leyburn and Richmond, joining back on the A1 at Scoth Corner

THINGS YOU'LL NEED:
3/4 Tank of Fuel
Money for food and drinks
Check tyre pressures are at the correct levels as these roads are challenging
A-Z Incase you get lost

I Will be taking it steady, keeping a moderate pace and stopping for anyone lagging behind. If you want to abuse the roads then push on ahead of us but let me know first so we don't have any dodgy overtakes.

That's it folks, if you're game then add your name Below:

1: Chris205

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Re: Re-Scheduled 200 Mile Trip of epic Northern Roads: Buttertubs, hartside, Tan Hill

That's fine mate, enjoy yourselves :)

Re: Re-Scheduled 200 Mile Trip of epic Northern Roads: Buttertubs, hartside, Tan Hill

That sounds like a good ride out! Think I'll be coming along :)

172 ph1

who is defo up for this m game if theres gona be a good few and i get payed decent for a change this week

Bg182 bitsa,thisthat

Right mate think I'm in for this, u getting a list up for who's going

R26/200 Raider

:)Will be along for thisone.

R26/200 Raider

Gone very quiet on this one. Is it still going ahead?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Wasn't going to bother mate as not much interest :-/