ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really thinking of putting a Quaife diff on her next. Need info

Im about to buy another gearbox get it stripped and rebuilt with a quaife diff (not gripper)..... im a pussy i know:eek:.
Need some input and info.

Best place to get it from, ie cheapest.

Best place to rebuild and fit the gear box.

Is there any way of making these gearboxes stronger???

And if any one on here has one fitted how as it changed the car.

Thanks.

lift number 1 @ btm
I had my box treated by these when I had it done, I had the front rotors done at the same time too.

http://www.frozensolid.co.uk/motorspo.htm

The diff I bought straight from Quaife, but I can't remember how much it was I'm afraid.

A good place for a rebuild seems to be the spot that Burpspeed are using, Agency transmission I think?

lift number 1 @ btm
Will do,

Fred's saying it should be off to TDF in the next few days! If you can arrange it, you're welcome to have a go yourself when it comes back.

I would love too:D, can meet up at Fred's, see if my car still needs to go on his wall of .....
My cars of to see Paul next saturday at RStunning.

lift number 1 @ btm
Cool, deal.

I remember yours coming into Fred's I think. (pully?) Is that all sorted now?
Pm me if you prefer?

lift number 1 @ btm
For me Tony, it was the "fit and forget" element. I didn't want something that would need rebulding eventually.

182cup & 172 racecar
Just that we are starting to look around for one now and it seems abit of a minefield for Clio LSD's.Could you use the same driveshafts?

lift number 1 @ btm
As far as I remember the only thing that needed any sort of attention was the crownwheel, which had to go to Quaife to be machined I think.
I forget the details, but apart from that everything else was standard parts.

RS RIP
They can be had here in Holland for under a 1000 euro's, i will check. Yes they're one of the more expensive ones they make

RS RIP
hmm it seems he orders from the UK, so you can get it cheaper ! I remember looking at it last year and it came to 990euro's for us in the Lowlands. He (www.dutchpowertrading.nl) has an incorrect pricelist online atm though