ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear discs for a track day car?

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Hi. Need to renew the rear discs and pads on the 182. I can see everyone recommend genuine. Are these up to track day use only. Or is there something else people recommend.

Thanks

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
OE or Brembo high carbon discs are what I’ve used in the past. There isn’t much braking effort from the rears anyway.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Can get the snr ones on autodoc for peanuts in comparison to the Renault boxed discs

I’ve just got a set myself. They’re always running offers. I paid like £40 odd quid a disc the other week

IMG_7380.jpeg

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Did some background research with some people in the trade I know who say it is the same unit just reboxed. Disc has never been the problem really with rears, it’s the bearings that are crap as you well know.

The bearing is the same anyway so that’s one thing :)

View attachment 1678997
The bearings are the reason I’m changing them to be fair. There’s hardly any wear on the disc.

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve been looking around. I was gonna go for the Godspeed as they were £140. But if people are recommending the SNR I might try them.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I’ve been looking around. I was gonna go for the Godspeed as they were £140. But if people are recommending the SNR I might try them.

All I’ve ever read is that snr make the oem bearings and they’re the only ones that last…

They are in the Renault boxed discs, snr (obviously) and the brembo’s apparently.

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
I have scenic stub axle and discs with larger bearings on the rears along with 197 calipers. I also have a new laguna stub axle and hub (separate disc to bearing) laying around, its the same fitment as the scenic. I heard they used the laguna setup on the cup racers because of the bearing going before the discs.

Philip Griffiths

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Bump!

I'm after some for my 182 but it seems they are out of stock and they are £80+, how the hell are you lads getting them for £40ish???
If you use AUTODOC, put them in your basket and wait. They’ll drop the price for as an offer. I think they started off at £70 ish when I went to buy them and they came down to £46.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
If you use AUTODOC, put them in your basket and wait. They’ll drop the price for as an offer. I think they started off at £70 ish when I went to buy them and they came down to £46.
Thanks mate, never knew that! Strange way of doing things!! OOS anyway so will keep an eye on them.

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Can get the snr ones on autodoc for peanuts in comparison to the Renault boxed discs

I’ve just got a set myself. They’re always running offers. I paid like £40 odd quid a disc the other week

Thanks for the link. I checked last week and they were around £100 each. Checked and ordered today for £49.
4th set in 6years, the bearing failed every time.

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Could just be the track abuse but have you got the spacer behind the discs and torquing the hub nut to 175Nm?
Yeah new spacers, I always keep a spare disc kitted up with bearing and studs in my track day kit now.
I did consider the PMS upgrade, but with them being cheap (still thanks to the link) and easy to change I just keep an eye on them.

I have bought a SKF bearing to replace my recently failed one to see if that lasts any longer. I've seen another brand of car where the guy carefully removes the seals from the bearings and replaces the grease with redline and refits the seals. maybe another one to try in the future.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I have heard that guys racing them are replacing discs sometimes twice a weekend if they run a lot of kerbs.

Mental!

Not many know about SNR being the only half decent bearing though. And I am not sure what the guys racing them are running. Probs whatevers cheapest knowing racers.

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
How you got these? Still showing as OOS for me.
I checked at the start of the week, they were showing out of stock. And listed a more expensive alternative.
Checked again yesterday and two showing in stock, so I snapped them up.

I'm sure more will come into stock.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Back again!

These are still OOS and I need them ASAP as the car needs a mot and it was flagged up in the last one so can anyone give us any decent alternatives?

Tia.

I have scenic stub axle and discs with larger bearings on the rears along with 197 calipers. I also have a new laguna stub axle and hub (separate disc to bearing) laying around, its the same fitment as the scenic. I heard they used the laguna setup on the cup racers because of the bearing going before the discs.

Any more details on this conversion? Is it a straight swap?

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
Any more details on this conversion? Is it a straight swap?

You need to grind the bottom 2 mounting holes slightly in the beam. Its been a while so I cant remember about the lines but I made my own braided ones anyway. The o/s handbrake cable needs to be longer ideally for the scenic hub, not sure about the laguna hub.

The laguna setup is the best option because of the separate disc to hub, they have different calipers to the scenic setup which use 197 calipers.

Something to consider is the clio 3 (modus I think) rear setup which is a straight fit to the beam, uses similar size discs to standard but with bigger bearing. The same discs on the pms rear conversion.

LNQC9192.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

Laguna mk1

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1535.JPG

1217da6fd771ca2c091dcde22bdf4acc716915c0bb583ceae8.jpg

Clio modus 8200386064 and 8200386063

8200386064.png

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
OK so I've gave up on waiting for the SNR ones, can someone confirm (08.5834.25) is the correct brembo ones? Ta

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
08.5834.27 is with ABS rings
08.5834.25 is without ABS rings but has been superseded with 08.5834.27, so those are the ones you need.

Didn't Frogjam Motorsport have any?