ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear For Lights Not Working - damaged wiring??

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
As the title says, my rear fogs aren't working. I had an issue with the left one the other week where that wouldn't work despite swapping the unit for the right, seemed to be the left hand side electrics. Now they both don't work.

I have checked the fuse - fuse is working. Is it the 20amp fuse above the "multi speed" fuse - middle column 4th up from the bottom.
Checked for continuity in the light clusters and the fog wiring doesn't make a connection; basically infinite resitance when I tried to connect it to a gound meaning there is no circuit. This is on both sides. Not sure why this is. Anyone had any similar issues?

I am thinking there is a damaged wire somewhere but not sure how / where to start searching for it! It may be easier to hard wire the rear fog lights into the front fog light switch

On a similar note, I took out the fog light fuse and the wiper one to check to see what was what. Then I turned the car on and the service light came on and said I had no oil, which is wrong. is the oil pressure sensor on one of those two fuses? It is now working and saying I have oil. It is really hard to check as I park on the side of the road so the car is leaning with the camber on the road so it will give a false dip stick reading. But there is no oil under the car.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
The left side fog isn't supposed to work. Have you possibly left the left side's cluster circuit in the right cluster?
I asked this the other week and aparently there are two rear fogs. I checked both connection blocks, not just the light clusters to see if it was the light clusters or the wiring.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I gathered it could be used as a spare bulb holder. Not checked every fuse, just the one that corresponded to the fog lights.
Will go out after lunch and do a bit more checking then

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Ok this makes no sense. Thanks @McGerkin, that did work, swapped the clusters over and I now have a right rear fog light.

What confuses me though is why would you put the wiring in for both sides, like the terminal blocks into the back of the clusters have a connection for the left rear fogs only to cut it off somewhere else.

And also, why I couldn't get a circuit made between the right connector block on the car and a ground despite it actually working.

Shall I just blame French electrics?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
There may be a bulb there, but it isn't connected on any clio. Have you checked all your fuses?
It's connected on my 182 , I've just checked . Both rear fog lights work . I don't know if the Ph1's are different ??