ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Gaz Gold Coilovers

106 xsi s1 Clio 172
Evening.
I’ve recently brought some Gaz Golds front and rear, rear obviously being the full coilover type. Fitted them last week no problems and the rear are very noisey is this the case for all the Gaz rear coil over set ups or have I missed something ?
I’ve checked top mounts, lower mount bolt and coil nuts.
Loads of rattling and clanging it seems any ideas ? ( is currently running the helper springs)

Thanks matt

What rebound setting are they at? Spring rate? Mine had a distinct ‘spring’ sound but the clunking was minimal, seemed to remember they got better over time. They will clunk if the spring rate is too high/low for the valving.

PH2 172
What rebound setting are they at? Spring rate? Mine had a distinct ‘spring’ sound but the clunking was minimal, seemed to remember they got better over time. They will clunk if the spring rate is too high/low for the valving.

The clearance from the fuel filler tube bracket is minimal.

106 xsi s1 Clio 172

325Ib springs rebound is pretty soft just to bed them in. Would it improve if I remove the helper springs so you recon ? Sounds very much like the spring is moving around

325Ib springs rebound is pretty soft just to bed them in. Would it improve if I remove the helper springs so you recon ? Sounds very much like the spring is moving around

Set them to about 8 clicks from soft and see then. Without the helper you’d have minimal height adjustment, I don’t think it would be caused by loose springs, unless at full drop the helper is at max length and you need another helper to seat the helper ;)

106 xsi s1 Clio 172
Set them to about 8 clicks from soft and see then. Without the helper you’d have minimal height adjustment, I don’t think it would be caused by loose springs, unless at full drop the helper is at max length and you need another helper to seat the helper ;)
Okay I’ll give it a go this evening. It’s not massively low by any means