ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear hub spacers help

172 Track Car
I've had a bit of a search and couldn't find anything.

In order to install rear hub spacers that require longer bolts, the type Dan @ M.A.D. sells, do you have to remove the rear disc/bearing? Any tips would be great! I was going to start this tonight but got scared and just did the front.

Cheers,
​Alex

172 Track Car
H&R 20mm with a 205/50/r15 tyres on an ET48.5 rim, I got scared and went a bit conservative. They might see the track now and again but this Clio is being mostly retired now that the turbo is in the garage. I wouldn't hesitate to run them on track though, if I was I reckon I would probably go 25 or 35mm and add camber.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
I've had a bit of a search and couldn't find anything.

In order to install rear hub spacers that require longer bolts, the type Dan @ M.A.D. sells, do you have to remove the rear disc/bearing? Any tips would be great! I was going to start this tonight but got scared and just did the front.

Cheers,
​Alex

Yes, you remove the rear caliper (two bolts at the back), then remove the disc/bearing after undoing the hub nut, then you can see the four bolts that hold the stub axel onto the car. Remove the original bolts, then pull the axel off. Insert the hub spacer inbetween and push the new bolts through, then do them up and replace everything :)