ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear light corrosion..

BG 182
Right I have just upgraded to a 182, when I returned home the one of the brake lights was not working.

When I went to change the bulb I found that there was alot of corrosion around the connectors.

I've tried cleaning them up abit but it is still tempremental.

So is it possible to buy a new connector block that plugs into the bulb block? It's the black block on the end of the wires leading to the rear lights.

Take some brasso to the connectors, or a bit of wet and dry, either should do the trick. Or if your not sure what I'm talking about, and are local to me, I'll have a look at it for you.

No you can't get the connector that plugs into the rear light, well apart from a scrapyard. That's what I did & got a rear bulb holder from scrappy as well.

But yea if not just try removing the rust from the current bits.

BG 182
I've tried it put they seem to be knackered, I'm gonna have to get a second hand one off here and wire it in.