ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear lights head Scratcher

Sport 172 flame Red
ok so i will explain the problem with photos. ( i apologise in advance for the terrible photos)

PASSENGER SIDE, LIGHTS ON.

IMG_1432_zpsb2a87420.jpg

DRIVERS SIDE, LIGHTS ON.

IMG_1431_zps4d04d0d8.jpg

Brake Lights work perfectly fine both sides when engaged.

So i assumed one of the elements had just blown in the lamp so i replaced the lamp and no change??

now i was a little confused, so i checked with the passenger side and when plugging the drivers side rear light into the passenger side the lights worked as they should.

so i tested the voltage on each side, the far RIGHT hand side BLUE cable had 14v on the passenger side and on the drivers side 0v?

It seems that the drivers side is not getting a permanent live to the light cluster.

IMG_1430_zps9d735a88.jpg

Now what i would like to know is am i testing the correct cable to prove this fault and could this be caused by a blown fuse?

i have done a small amount of tracing the cables and have found no damage on any cables.

If anyone has experienced this or may know something i could try to resolve this problem the help would be much appreciated :D

Thanks Brad.

Sport 172 flame Red
Just an update, after some reading in the manual to understand what fuses controlled what circuits, I had a snoop in the fuse box to find one of the 10amp headlight fuses had blown so replaced that and all is good once again.