ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Near Side Brake Seizing/Sticking

Renault Clio 182 Cup
I've just been to get my tyres changed at a local garage and they obviously took upon themselves to look round the car and see what else they could fleece me for. They found that the rear near side brake is faulty due to a sticking piston. Admittedly, I am aware of this problem but so far it has not been too serious.

They kindly provided me with a quote to fix it. £348 + VAT. I'd be grateful if someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but surely it would be cheaper for me to buy all new brake components and have them fitted.

Any insight anyone can provide me would be great.

Twingo RS
If thats for the caliper, discs (complete with bearings and abs rings), pads and everything then its probly in the right ball park.

You cant tell if the caliper is really seized or not unless you whip the pads out and try working the piston in and out a bit.

+ you might not need the discs. You might just get away with the pads and freeing the caliper off which will cost next to nothing in bits and you can do it yourself on the drive in less than 1 hour.