ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear strut brace with rarb

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
Is it worth fitting a rear strut brace if you have a rarb fitted

thanks

Megane 175 & BG182
What bout if you run a rear coil over set up? I have just ordered a strut brace and I run the GAZ with rear coil over setup, figured it must help by tying the tops together?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Depends on the strut brace as well, but most of the time they don't really do alot at all.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
With no back seats my OMP strut brace was very good at stopping the shopping sliding into the dog under braking, useless for anything else though.

Megane 175 & BG182
Even with a rear coilover unit? I understand on standard suspension, no/little load through the top of the shocks.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Even with a rear coilover unit? I understand on standard suspension, no/little load through the top of the shocks.

They really don't flap about as much as people imagine, especially on more modern designed cars with a stronger structure.
IIRC they're more suited to sloppy old American muscle cars, things with a proper separate chassis and body.

Thats before you even consider how poorly designed some of them actually are.

Megane 175 & BG182
Mine will be here today so il bolt it on and when next out on track see if I can feel anything other than placebo!! Worse case it stops my helmet hammock flapping around in the back when pushing!!