ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Wheel bearing issues

1.5 Clio Dynamique
while driving i have noticed whirring / grinding sound (sometimes hard to tell weather its a rough road surface or not). i have just jacked the car up and span the wheels and they span freely but the rear drivers side had a constant faint grind to it where as the rear passenger wheel had like a on off grind to it (but still very faint.

As this is far as my mechanical skill go, does this sound like a faulty wheel bearing issue? if so how much to repair / replace? and how long would it take?

Thanks in advance :)

182 cup
You're better off replacing the brake disk at same time rather than havin new bearings pressed into an old disk, you can buy new disks with the bearing already in for 80 or 90 quid, takes around an hour to do both sides

1.5 Clio Dynamique
Does the noise get louder the faster you drive, particularly over 50mph?

Yes it does and abit when going around left hand bend (weight being distrubuted to the right)

You're better off replacing the brake disk at same time rather than havin new bearings pressed into an old disk, you can buy new disks with the bearing already in for 80 or 90 quid, takes around an hour to do both sides

Its only a dynamique dci 65 so it has good old drum brakes

172 cup, Impreza P1
Sounds like the bearing then. Not sure on the drum set up but you'll need to replace it.