ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wheel bearings

2001 Clio 172
Howdy,

After a few trackdays it seems my rear wheel bearings are getting a bit noisy.
The discs are in great shape but I hear from various people that you need to buy the whole rear disc with the bearings already fitted. Now I have a press and all the tools needed to fit a bearing as I would on the alfa and lotus' so I am assuming if I just go to a bearing shop with the right size I can just grab a couple and whip the old ones out. Is this correct?

Also does anyone have the exact bearing size for my Ph1 172?

Cheers for any information you can provide. Getting good info here in New Zealand is hard unless you go to Renault and they seem to charge you just for asking a question.

Rob

Lionel Richie
no you can just replace the bearings if the discs are fine

what bearing suppliers do you have out there?

SKF? FAG? etc etc

2001 Clio 172
Cheers for the reply,

Well we have a couple of big places local to me like saeco bearings then there is bnt who do brake and trans parts for the trade. Not sure exactly what brands of bearings they stock as I have not had to get any before from them.