ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Tilt and Slide Mechanism

RX7 FD
Ok so last night I discovered that my passenger side Trendline no longer wants to slide using the seat handles (the ones you use to tilt and slide the seat)

I can manually slide it forward and backwards using the handle under the seat and adjust the angle of the seat using the usual knob.

Nothing that I can see is stopping the movement back and forwards as I was still doing that quite happily this morning.

Has anyone had any experience with this and/or knows how the mechanism works to enable me to find the problem!?

Cheers

Dave

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hey mate.

The bit that usually let's the recaro slide forward and backwards snapped on mine so it used to slide all over the place.

I ask recaro about replacement. They said a new frame was needed.

I didn't want to pay out for it so I bought an old cup seat from James23 on here for £20. Took the subframe apart and bolted the bottom end of the frame to the recaro. Everything worked fine and still does to this day. The only difference between a clio frame and a recaro frame is the handle itself.

The recaro one has a slightly bigger neck on it, where as the cup one doesn't. I can't see the handle breaking as its one piece of metal. I reckon it will be the tiny metal *clicker* that is fecked.

Ill see if I can dig out some pics.

PM me for more info.

Sam.

RX7 FD
Cheers for the reply pal.

That handle that snapped on yours still works perfectly fine on mine. I think it has something to do with the tilt and slide part of the mechanism on the left and right of the recaros. Lift either handle and the seat tips forward, but I then cannot push the seat forward.

It is like the part of the mechanism wont disengage the seat lock to slide forward, even though the manual handle works perfectly. If you see what I mean?

There was a thread a few days ago where one of the slider bolts comes lose and stops the ability for it to slide forward, see if you can find it! :)

That's the only other thing I can think of!

RX7 FD
I will check that too!

Am going to have a good rummage around later. I have a sneaky feeling it has something to do with where the lever connects to the bar which allows the seat to slide forwards and backwards.

BUT I don't know what I am looking for at the moment!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers for the reply pal.

That handle that snapped on yours still works perfectly fine on mine. I think it has something to do with the tilt and slide part of the mechanism on the left and right of the recaros. Lift either handle and the seat tips forward, but I then cannot push the seat forward.

It is like the part of the mechanism wont disengage the seat lock to slide forward, even though the manual handle works perfectly. If you see what I mean?

Ahh. I know what you mean. Mine did this when I fixed the frame.

Take the back plate off your recaro, 2 screws hold it in right at the bottom.

You will see a guide that the cable sits in. Mine had came out which meant the cable was at the right tension. I slotted it back in and it worked?

Also, if your playing around with your recaros, get some grease and re grease the sliders. It worked a treat on mine and made them so much less resistant.

Sam.

RX7 FD
Ahh. I know what you mean. Mine did this when I fixed the frame.

Take the back plate off your recaro, 2 screws hold it in right at the bottom.

You will see a guide that the cable sits in. Mine had came out which meant the cable was at the right tension. I slotted it back in and it worked?

Also, if your playing around with your recaros, get some grease and re grease the sliders. It worked a treat on mine and made them so much less resistant.

Sam.

You legend, I will get on this at the weekend. Hopefully it is something along those lines! Sometimes I hate how French a clio can be!