ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reccomend me an underwater camera

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Im after an underwater camera took use in the sea. Absolute max i want to spent is £200, less than that the better. Ive been looking all over the net and its a minefield. Half the reviews will be good, then the rest will be rubbish.
So im a bit stuck and was hoping there might be some photographers on here who can help me. :D

Trophy 426 & Willy 3
the Olympus Mju is a cracking little camera under water only goes down to 3m though

RIP Dan
Im after an underwater camera took use in the sea. Absolute max i want to spent is £200, less than that the better. Ive been looking all over the net and its a minefield. Half the reviews will be good, then the rest will be rubbish.
So im a bit stuck and was hoping there might be some photographers on here who can help me. :D

What do you want to do with it? Swin, boat, snorkel or dive?

Dive requires a bit more cash to be spent.

I have a Canon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001T9NH7E/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Results:

Under water:

6009544758_b9f2b9e1ae_z.png

Sea lettuce scape by BullyJersey1970, on Flickr

6621615351_8a6134c36d_z.jpg

Untitled by BullyJersey1970, on Flickr
Above water:

6026404935_ea18e06429_z.jpg

Shorebreak by BullyJersey1970, on Flickr

It takes pretty OK video too, never let me down and I have taken it in some pretty harsh surf conditions. Just got to make sure its closed properly etc. Dropped it loads too.

Bus w**ker
For £200 I couldn't recommend one. I've got the Panasonic Lumix TZ10 and the Panasonic DMW-MCTZ10 case, I've just done a quick search and you'd be looking around £400 for both of these. The pro of going down this route is that I can use the TZ10 for all occasions but have a waterproof case that can go down to 40m and still fully operate all the functions of the camera and it also has GPS so geotags all my shots within a few feet (even less if the lock is good).

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
It will be for snorkelling when I go to the Caribbean in June. Couldn't believe how amazing the fish were when I went last yr.

2.2 bar shed.
Arn't GoPro's s**t under water without a lens mod? Fuzzy/blury centres spring to mind?

Bus w**ker
Not s**t, but no where near as good as on dry land. Colours are a bit off, not as sharp and the fish eye makes things look odd.

RIP Dan
It will be for snorkelling when I go to the Caribbean in June. Couldn't believe how amazing the fish were when I went last yr.

Its pretty difficult to get awesome fish shots with a cheapish camera (like the Canon I got). Don't expect miracles or shots like pros, you might be lucky though. You can see the quality of the shots I took above, loads turned out s**t though so take hundreds.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
bully goin on the examples you have posted, they are what I would expect and be happy with.
So I will take a closer look at the canon definately.

RIP Dan
I did a lot of research before buying the Canon, there were some others which were close but the out of water shots let them down.

The canon is a funny shape and quite bulky, but for swimming etc I just take a bum bag type thing to keep it in. Then I use it when I want to.

To carry around say in the evening in a hot destination, it won't fit in pockets etc.