ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend a HID kit for my PH1?

PH1 172
Have been looking on ebay but there as sooooooooooooooooooooo many to choose from but I am unsure which ones to buy...Standard lights are like candles and are very poor. Now I don't wanna blind everyone but it would be nice to be able to see where I am going ha!

You need an HB3/9005 HID kit for your dipped beams, 35W will do the job i think. Don;t get one for your main beams, the main lens is designed to scatter the light and a hoard of angry drivers will smash up your car.
Should only cost about £25 quid, they're alright, but you might get a better result with higher quality halogen bulbs. Don't really go higher than 6000k or you'll look chav as hell. also i think the higher you go up the K scale, the weaker the light produced actually is (i.e. not as bright)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/35W-55W-H...67?pt=UK_Light_Bulbs&var=&hash=item5d4135551f

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Don;t get one for your main beams, the main lens is designed to scatter the light and a hoard of angry drivers will smash up your car.

Your main beam does that with halogen bulbs anyway, the reason you don't fit HIDs to the main beam is because the lights take a few seconds to come to full brightness, and flashing them cooks the ballasts.

Other than that, everything in that post is spot on.

Your main beam does that with halogen bulbs anyway, the reason you don't fit HIDs to the main beam is because the lights take a few seconds to come to full brightness, and flashing them cooks the ballasts.

Other than that, everything in that post is spot on.

Every day is a schoolday on here! NO HIDS IN FOGS EITHER. That's a trend taking off on NI :(