ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a Home Theatre

The Bus and MRT
Preferably :
- <£200
- 2 x Optical inputs (one for PS3 one for 360)
- DVD play not essential as I'll be using the PS3
- Prefference for Samsung to match the TV but as long as it's a black finish I'm not too bothered
- Prefferably Floor standing speakers

Cheers!

The Bus and MRT
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=samsung+ht-z310&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

£149+ Quidco.

Only one optical but you can buy switchers on Fleabay for peanuts.

Not floor standing but for your budget you will probably struggle.

The sound is excellent and it integrates with the Anynet+ so will work from one remote.

I recommended one to Revels so might be worth a PM, see what he thinks.

Ok cheers mate, I've been looking at this one which I presume is the slightly better model of the one you've recommened. Pretty sure it only has 1 optical input as well but I can't find any system with two. What do you think?

Monaro VXR
Ok cheers mate, I've been looking at this one which I presume is the slightly better model of the one you've recommened. Pretty sure it only has 1 optical input as well but I can't find any system with two. What do you think?

Wont need 2 with that. Run the HDMI cable from PS3 into it and then another HDMI cable out to the TV.

Use the single optical for the 360.

tbh it will most probably bugger up your picture if you used it by hdmi needs to just pass through the video signal you dont want it altering it at all

Bus w**ker
£149+ Quidco.
Which store is the quidco from? :S

For those with this system, or considering it, then you can hack it for region free with the following:

avforum said:
1. Remove disc from tray.
2. Switch off player and unplug from mains.
3. Wait 30 seconds, then reconnect mains.
4. Turn on player with remote. Wait for player to finish loading and display 'no disc'.
5. Press enter on remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
6. Press 8, 4, 2, 6, 9 on the remote. (There will be no on-screen response.)
7. Press enter on the remote. Player will automatically shut off.
8. Turn player on.
9. turn off.
10. Turn player off then on again.
11. Player is now region-free.

The Bus and MRT
Sony DAV DZ260, I'd recommend it. Or for speakers alone Logitech Z5500.

Current system is a sony and I fancy a change, the front left speaker has been working intermittantly on it for a few years plus the system is looking a bit tired these days (about 8 years old!). The DZ260 doesn't have floor standing speakers either.

As for the logitech, I know they sound great, I have the THX ones on my PC but without the Digital receiver, Problem is they just look like PC speakers and would be out of place in my lounge IMO

Riz - Jamo looks nice but a little out of my price range cheers.

The Bus and MRT
You'll struggle for 2 optical in.

If you can stretch the budget a bit, then I recently heard this system and was really quite impressed with it. Looks good too!

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/100/42/DCS-580/specs.html

Yeah that does look nice but it's about £100 over budget. The Pioneer DCS-370 is within budget though and looks pretty similar in spec but without the upscaling DVD player which I don't need anyway as I'll be using the PS3.

Clio 1.2 16V tomtom 3dr
dsc00110da1.jpg
[/IMG]Get a l Logitech Z5500. they are mint m8 :)

REally cool looking too

dsc00110da1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]